LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wanted to post something really cool here because there is alot of good info being shared and showed on mushrooms!
I cut my minecraft mushroom not too long ago. Right in half through the mouth. She was almost 5 inches!
Anyhow I've been nursing the cut half back to life but sadly as you can see the half I cut looks like it is slowly melting away! Although vesicles are still full of water so idk what to think.
This really bothered me as it's probably my favorite most hardy shroom I have!
That being said. I walked into an amazing sight today.
The cut half may be dieing off. However its expelling tons of guts. And idk if you can see the tiny green/ yellow neon toxic speckles but I believe I'm going to get several babies here.
What I thought was pure disaster and I lost sleep over all this. Totally crushed thinking I killed my favorite coral!
May have turned out to be blessing in disguise! Thank Mushroom gods.
Love to see another thread on mushroom propagation or we can just use this one here?

20200423_163642.jpg
20200423_163534.jpg

OP
OP
BighohoReef

BighohoReef

A reefer in need is a friend indeed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wanted to post something really cool here because there is alot of good info being shared and showed on mushrooms!
I cut my minecraft mushroom not too long ago. Right in half through the mouth. She was almost 5 inches!
Anyhow I've been nursing the cut half back to life but sadly as you can see the half I cut looks like it is slowly melting away! Although vesicles are still full of water so idk what to think.
This really bothered me as it's probably my favorite most hardy shroom I have!
That being said. I walked into an amazing sight today.
The cut half may be dieing off. However its expelling tons of guts. And idk if you can see the tiny green/ yellow neon toxic speckles but I believe I'm going to get several babies here.
What I thought was pure disaster and I lost sleep over all this. Totally crushed thinking I killed my favorite coral!
May have turned out to be blessing in disguise! Thank Mushroom gods.
Love to see another thread on mushroom propagation or we can just use this one here?

20200423_163642.jpg
20200423_163534.jpg
I know the feeling you're up and then down and then up again. I had something similar happen with our m.y. bounce it looked like it was melting and dying, it was heart breaking... then full recovery and now we have 3 bounce mushrooms it also spawned a photo bombing hawkfish lol.

IMG-1225.JPG IMG-1223.JPG

OP
OP
BighohoReef

BighohoReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn’t say garden but here are my piles. Lol
7DABD5F3-B1F4-4553-82C6-043909549841.jpeg
B6D22E1C-ABDF-4409-AC3B-49829781D8D8.jpeg
So much color!!! Is that a sunkist bounce or a OG? I'm hoping to find a good deal on both at some point. The OG bounce at our local LFS are through the roof. 1 inch piece is selling for $800, $300 for a dime size I couldn't believe it.

Mykesocalreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So much color!!! Is that a sunkist bounce or a OG? I'm hoping to find a good deal on both at some point. The OG bounce at our local LFS are through the roof. 1 inch piece is selling for $800, $300 for a dime size I couldn't believe it.
Those are OG bounce. Three the size of a fifty cent piece. And the big one is close to 3” in diameter.

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know the feeling you're up and then down and then up again. I had something similar happen with our m.y. bounce it looked like it was melting and dying, it was heart breaking... then full recovery and now we have 3 bounce mushrooms it also spawned a photo bombing hawkfish lol.

IMG-1225.JPG IMG-1223.JPG
Yeah man I lost sleep on this still am hoping the cut half rebounds. I'll never cut the mushroom again just want her to pull through!
Heres a cpl more. I cut my skittles mushie at same time is perfectly fine.
20200423_170053.jpg

Just added a poletti jaw breaker as well.
Going to put these all in table with live rock rubble and let them do there thing!
20200423_170031.jpg

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ridiculous pricing I actually just acquired a freebie OG bounce from a fellow reefer here in a bundle deal!

OP
OP
BighohoReef

BighohoReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ridiculous pricing I actually just acquired a freebie OG bounce from a fellow reefer here in a bundle deal!
That's awesome! I'm hoping for the same type of deal lots of locals have them so I'm hoping I can trade one of my indo gold torches. I got a great deal on the St. Thomas mushroom which I love the color... what I'm really looking to add is more color in the tank (and I haven't jumped into the SPS space yet). I just enjoy the mushrooms there is a HUGE variety, colors and shapes. They are easy to care for and the right conditions can propagate you a pretty good garden in addition to being pretty reasonably priced. I appreciate everyone sharing their collections! Please keep them coming it's giving me a lot of inspiration!

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's awesome! I'm hoping for the same type of deal lots of locals have them so I'm hoping I can trade one of my indo gold torches. I got a great deal on the St. Thomas mushroom which I love the color... what I'm really looking to add is more color in the tank (and I haven't jumped into the SPS space yet). I just enjoy the mushrooms there is a HUGE variety, colors and shapes. They are easy to care for and the right conditions can propagate you a pretty good garden in addition to being pretty reasonably priced. I appreciate everyone sharing their collections! Please keep them coming it's giving me a lot of inspiration!
Start a thread in wanted to buy livestock section. I've met several really cool, stand up reefers here that have all the good stuff. Pretty much I'm sure whatever your looking for. Plus your helping out a fellow reef 2 reefer. They had a thread here a ways back that I never posted in but I'm sure I will be doing most of my business if not all my future business with reefers here! Lots of good, cool peeps here. I can cosign that.

OP
OP
BighohoReef

BighohoReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Start a thread in wanted to buy livestock section. I've met several really cool, stand up reefers here that have all the good stuff. Pretty much I'm sure whatever your looking for. Plus your helping out a fellow reef 2 reefer. They had a thread here a ways back that I never posted in but I'm sure I will be doing most of my business if not all my future business with reefers here! Lots of good, cool peeps here. I can cosign that.
Thx LRT! I’ll do a search... I do like supporting our LFS a majority of my equipment has come from them, somethings though are way overpriced in terms of live stock. I will say I’ve gotten into #allboutdatreefing I’m happy to have finally jumped on R2R... lots of good feedback and the community has been solid.

Last shot of the evening... St.Thomas sleeping

4AD4E95C-0E0A-4D5F-AADE-DB6BE9728D05.jpeg

badluckman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dig that! What type of pump are you running?

Thanks for posting the video:cool:

I'm running 3 pumps, two Tunze 6055(pulse 2sec 15-45%) opposite each other causing the crashing current in the video and a Tunze Stream3 on the backglass. Shortest pulse available(maybe 0.2sec long) from 0 to 40%.

Played around with the flow for hours to get crashing currents to flow around my rock structures. It's hard trying to make SPS flow in a mixed tank with sand! :eek:

OP
OP
BighohoReef

BighohoReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm running 3 pumps, two Tunze 6055(pulse 2sec 15-45%) opposite each other causing the crashing current in the video and a Tunze Stream3 on the backglass. Shortest pulse available(maybe 0.2sec long) from 0 to 40%.

Played around with the flow for hours to get crashing currents to flow around my rock structures. It's hard trying to make SPS flow in a mixed tank with sand! :eek:

Thank you for sharing! Flow is a constant challenge with a mixed tank. I’m hoping with the gyre I’ll have better spread than what I had with the Ecotech MPs with a reduced amount of blasting in one area. I’m pretty happy with the gyre flow running it in opposite ends with the mp10 in the back to keep that area detritus free. The gyre flow creates some good waves at the top it’ll be interesting to see what happens to the under current when I add additional rock structures.

OP
OP
BighohoReef

BighohoReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's mine... I just put them on the bottom and hope they grow. When I switch tanks I'll try to make a dedicated rock for them. Right now, I think they get too much light.

20200424_103058.jpg 20200416_211834.jpg
Are most on flat frag discs? Since most mushrooms move I was worried that if they made it to the substrate they'd just get picked up by the current. Do you have any of those issues? I'm running about 100 -110 par at peak time (XR30 Gen1's).

SaltyIrishman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only had like 2 purples and 2 bubble tipped the size of a quarter for about 7-10 yrs. Then plagued w/Dino’s, lost most everything. Recovery involved new lights, elevated nitrate & phosphate from zero to acceptable levels via dosing. The subsequent mushroom explosion to what you see here happened in about 1-1/2 yrs! I suppose they were just lying dormant waiting for conditions to be just right
6B28BEBE-406C-4EAF-9C0A-F1E28EA24EDB.jpeg

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 28.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 35.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 26.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.8%
Back