Tang Suggestions

bnord

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tang size/aggression/compatibility are tough to predict and plan around.

I had a vlamingi - my favorite fish and a real family pet - that had to be re-homed as it went from 2 -3 inches to too big for a 6 foot 180 in 14 months, while a friend's vlamingi in similar sized tank seems to have years' of growth ahead of him.

Have a 90 low boy that is designed for ample swim lanes and and hiding spots and have a blue eyed bristle- tooth, a tomini, and a mimic tang added small and at at the same time and zero aggression - though a clear hierarchy, and only 18 months in am I thinking the mimic may be growing a little too large.

And lastly, when I took out the Vlamingi, the purple and much smaller yellow, turned on the blue tang and even tough I could catch it out, it did not survive a re-homing.

For a 75, I would try small bristle tooth of some kind and a CB yellow and go for a good balanced community with gramma, clowns, bennies, etc... perhaps a CB coral beauty

best of luck

GARRIGA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes absolutely, once they would get to big I would trade them. I have a friend that has a 180 gallon and he would be willing to take them. Even if he couldn't at the time of them being to big I wouldn't have any problems finding someone who could.
In that case, I'd get smallest I could find and place in order of least aggressive or most wanted knowing last might need to get traded because of compatibility and enjoy the tank. Impossible to predict personalities and trying only option to finding out.

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chevron get pretty big. It is the biggest of my tanks, other are Powder Blue Tang, FoxFace Lo are both slightly smaller (1/2 inch) and then Purple, then Yellow.
Not recommended for a 75 gal tank.
Chevron2016051101.jpg

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this for the 75 gallon? I would stick with one tang.

What other fishes do you have in there? We could give you some options based on that.

OP
OP
Wrassenaround

Wrassenaround

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this for the 75 gallon? I would stick with one tang.

What other fishes do you have in there? We could give you some options based on that.
2 Gladiator DaVinci Clowns
2 Blue Reef Chromis (Pair)
1 Melanurus Wrasse
1 Solorensis Fairy Wrasse
1 Blue Sided Fairy Wrasse
1 Blue Eye Kole Tang
1 Male Lyretail Anthias
1 Swissguard Basslet

I would only want to get 1 more tang, preferably a zebrasoma

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back