Trident FAQ

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newb73

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We do have a wide INtolerance prevention product. It’s called the LDK!
And the auto feeder, and the light control, and the AWC function, and the ability to program automatic responses to leaks, low or high water levels, and a break out box hooked to one of these.
panic-button-2-640x480.jpg

frenchie01

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m really thankful I don’t sell any reefing products after reading this thread. @Terence was hit by the mob. I wonder how many of you would act like this in person?

This product is going to be amazing for the reefing community. No ones talking about how the average reefer is going to much more successful especially with SPS. This is going to really help the sell/trade aquaculture market. Think about how far we’ve come in five years!

@frenchie01 whats the deal with all the snarky remarks on importing to the UK. He doesn’t control that. There’s plenty of products available in Europe that are not available here. I don’t get upset when I can’t import uhhh... uhh... umm... whatever the UK produces of any value???

JK Harry and I are cool...

AF8EAD03-CEF3-4AB7-B0F6-46F04A73984F.jpeg

They’re not snarky mate, they’re fact and Neptune do control what of their products get imported into the uk. We wait sometimes several months after you in the us for new apex products and we still don’t have the new energy bar but we can buy the apex 2016, why is that? We haven’t heard a peep from Neptune on that front, says a lot about what they think of us on this side of the pond.
Every other decent aquarium product gets released here with everything that is available to the us market so why not Neptune products?
And well done on the photo

Roggio

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They’re not snarky mate, they’re fact and Neptune do control what of their products get imported into the uk. We wait sometimes several months after you in the us for new apex products and we still don’t have the new energy bar but we can buy the apex 2016, why is that? We haven’t heard a peep from Neptune on that front, says a lot about what they think of us on this side of the pond.
Every other decent aquarium product gets released here with everything that is available to the us market so why not Neptune products?
And well done on the photo

Like most of our corporations I'm sure they're not bias on who they sell to. There's probably other factors like import tax, restrictions, codes, modifications to electrical equipment, changing the measurements etc. Like most things here it's a money game; maybe the market just isn't there. I have friends in Montreal and they're limited to ordering this stuff online. Just order the stuff online and get a converter like we do with DaStaCo.

frenchie01

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like most of our corporations I'm sure they're not bias on who they sell to. There's probably other factors like import tax, restrictions, codes, modifications to electrical equipment, changing the measurements etc. Like most things here it's a money game; maybe the market just isn't there. I have friends in Montreal and they're limited to ordering this stuff online. Just order the stuff online and get a converter like we do with DaStaCo.

It’s not as simple as ordering one converter you would need 6, one for each outlet. Then there’s the warranty issues that you wouldn’t have if you bought it from a uk dealer.
I think the market is there, it’s not just the uk it’s all of Europe and I’ve heard they don’t even get the new eb in Australia, so I think it would be the same for any country that doesn’t have the same voltage as the us.

RobertP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking forward to this unit. I want to test more but life gets in the way so I want this. Now need to save to switch to the dos as well. Since I have to dos nitrates I would love to see a nitrate and maybe po4 tester as well.

Better yet just test everything, dos everything and let me enjoy my tank!

Last edited by a moderator:

Chris155hp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Terrance is there any built in safety for outliers. Say the Tank has been consistently testing at 8 for some time then all of a sudden it test 9 or 9.5. Would there be some kind of retest before dos programming is allowed to be executed?

RobertP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From what I understand you can easily add a little code to disable the Alk dos if the test is too high. That way it wont make the problem worse. I have many code catches in my Apex do this same type of thing. If the temp is too high turn off the lights and turn on the fan....same concept.

Zaffor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Could a test be skewed as such? Or would eliminating the possibility for human error eliminate this? I wonder if during their beta period that scenario has happened.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyhow, I finally decided to pull the trigger on the new apex, so I'm trident-ready. Still thinking I'll use it for monitoring rather than to control anything - especially since I still see no elegant way to control my CaRx.

Last edited by a moderator:

Radman73

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyhow, I finally decided to pull the trigger on the new apex, so I'm trident-ready. Still thinking I'll use it for monitoring rather than to control anything - especially since I still see no elegant way to control my CaRx.

I did the same, and feel the same. No real interest at this early juncture in having the results determine automated responses. Almost nothing happens fast in this hobby. Monitoring alone should give an indicator that action needs to be taken, but not necessarily immediately.

This allows me to move my 60 cube into the family room and a USB run just isn't feasible. And, in desperate times, the old apex can be the back up to the new one. I'm looking forward to unwrapping it on Dec 25 and fiddling with it for the next few days as I get the 220 up and running on it. As to the Trident, my birthday is in July lol! Hope it's out by then or it'll likely be my Christmas present next year. I'm excited about the progress being made.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the old apex can be the back up to the new one.

Recently read that one should be limiting the total length of aquabus cables to 200'. I suspect I'm well beyond that already, so I may use my current Apex lite for my more remote tanks. Plus I figure I'd not get all that much for it on the used market at this point.

Radman73

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently read that one should be limiting the total length of aquabus cables to 200'. I suspect I'm well beyond that already, so I may use my current Apex lite for my more remote tanks.

My problem is no good way to get the cable to where the tank will go. New house so there's no way I'm jacking up the ceiling in our family room to run it to my office lol! Through the wall to the garage? Piece of cake. Much easier to hide.

I did have thoughts of trying to find a wireless solution for USB but, even if it exists, I wouldn't trust it.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very impressed with your responses throughout these 15 pages @Terence

I understand how you cannot integrate the Trident with 10 year old hardware.

However, I am curious if there can be a module between older model Apex units and the Trident. Something that would convert the complex digital signal into something interpretable for classic units. Having worked with integrating new and old industrial hardware (particularly CNCs), I dont see why there could not be a microprocessor in between an Apex Classic and the Trident to make the results interpretable. Jim Welsh's design took minimal processing- cleverly he made the output the along the same voltage as a pH probe.

Anyway, I love where your products are going. I planned to get a 2016 Apex but had significant damage from Hurricane Irma that I am still paying off. So I am stuck with my Apex Lite for now :rolleyes:. Nevertheless I will keep following Neptune updates!

Radman73

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very impressed with your responses throughout these 15 pages @Terence

I understand how you cannot integrate the Trident with 10 year old hardware.

However, I am curious if there can be a module between older model Apex units and the Trident. Something that would convert the complex digital signal into something interpretable for classic units. Having worked with integrating new and old industrial hardware (particularly CNCs), I dont see why there could not be a microprocessor in between an Apex Classic and the Trident to make the results interpretable. Jim Welsh's design took minimal processing- cleverly he made the output the along the same voltage as a pH probe.

Anyway, I love where your products are going. I planned to get a 2016 Apex but had significant damage from Hurricane Irma that I am still paying off. So I am stuck with my Apex Lite for now :rolleyes:. Nevertheless I will keep following Neptune updates!

Honestly at that point they'd be better off developing a stand alone unit that didn't require an Apex at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back