Trident FAQ

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigJohnny

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My big question is can you make this work with a calcium reactor and have the apex control the ph solenoid like i currently have it, except turn it off and on based upon the alk level instead of ph level
The focustronic alkatronic can

BigJohnny

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would likely be possible but I doubt we would do any built-in automation for this as there are too many variables. You could though have the solenoid go off completely, but then you would have these crazy oscillations in the reactor. I think we will let our customers test this one out and see what they come up with!
Must better option is to let the pH controller handle the solenoid and turn the feed pump on or off

lilbitreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry everyone, I did not see any of my questions already asked, so if there were already answered sorry.

I am curious, will there be more automated tests in order to test for Nitrate, and phosphate etc. in the future? Also, with all the other tests such as the Hanna there dosen't seem to be a time limit to use the reageants on these why would your reageants has a shelf limit after opening? I understand your shelf life after opening is 2 months. With this shelf life being so short after opening will the system force you to replace them if they are expired even if there is still reagents left? Would I be able to use these reageants past the epiration date and only risk the accuracy?

From a mechanical stand point will there be a waste container to empty? With many of these reageants being hazardous for the environtment will there be a problem of disposing of such large quantities? I know the manual tests there is such little waste it did not make much of a I only concern is that there will be a large amount of waste to dispose of with all these tests.

Fabianslit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry everyone, I did not see any of my questions already asked, so if there were already answered sorry.

I am curious, will there be more automated tests in order to test for Nitrate, and phosphate etc. in the future? Also, with all the other tests such as the Hanna there dosen't seem to be a time limit to use the reageants on these why would your reageants has a shelf limit after opening? I understand your shelf life after opening is 2 months. With this shelf life being so short after opening will the system force you to replace them if they are expired even if there is still reagents left? Would I be able to use these reageants past the epiration date and only risk the accuracy?

From a mechanical stand point will there be a waste container to empty? With many of these reageants being hazardous for the environtment will there be a problem of disposing of such large quantities? I know the manual tests there is such little waste it did not make much of a I only concern is that there will be a large amount of waste to dispose of with all these tests.
If manual = little waste, trident would be a fraction of that.

The shelf life being two months exceeds the standard consumption of a regularly operated trident from day to day

Scott.h

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Terence have you been able to track when the corals are primarily using alkalinity? Maybe adjust your dos schedule to keep things even more stable as a result of this?

Roggio

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m really thankful I don’t sell any reefing products after reading this thread. @Terence was hit by the mob. I wonder how many of you would act like this in person?

This product is going to be amazing for the reefing community. No ones talking about how the average reefer is going to much more successful especially with SPS. This is going to really help the sell/trade aquaculture market. Think about how far we’ve come in five years!

@frenchie01 whats the deal with all the snarky remarks on importing to the UK. He doesn’t control that. There’s plenty of products available in Europe that are not available here. I don’t get upset when I can’t import uhhh... uhh... umm... whatever the UK produces of any value???

JK Harry and I are cool...

AF8EAD03-CEF3-4AB7-B0F6-46F04A73984F.jpeg

pdxmonkeyboy

Sticks!! Give me the sticks!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am completely with Rogio on this. There are certainly things to complain about with Apex (like the cost of simple modules) but the trident is not one of those things.

But honestly, complaining like a little child about the cost of reagents? or "the disposal of hazardous reagents" what? are you people sitting up at night brainstorming about something to nit pick at? If you dont have $20, or even $50 a month for that matter to spend on your tank.. well you are in the wrong hobby. Buy a freshwater tank.

I just dropped $1200 on a new apex. What was the single deciding factor.. the ability to consistently monitor the most important parameters in coral husbandry. There will be some flaws and hiccups but apex seems to work diligently with the community to fix them (except the adroid fusion app), that is part of the process.

so yeah, be excited. I myself am super excited. This has been the holly grail of automated reefing since the dawn of man.

Yeah, you may have to update your base unit, yeah it costs money, but what doesn't cost money in this hobby? Neptune isn't a nonprofit organization and if this thing works and is only $600 then awesome.

Now...what the heck does your dose unit only have two heads??
:)

Chris155hp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now...what the heck does your dose unit only have two heads??
:)

I wish they came in 3 also!!!

Terrance What would you say that is the best/preferred way to "apply" the data from the Trident for Alk/Ca/Mg management. Should the data be used to control the CaRX solenoid directly or have the CaRx do 95% of the work and have a Dōs Take up the slack?

Reactions: clp
OP
OP
Terence

Terence

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I doubt we will have any hybrid method that will automatically integrate the two so I would say the latter is the best way to go if you are going that route.

Roggio

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only thing better than the trident unit would be if neptune developed a "wife tolerance sensor".

This would be the LAST great hurdle in terms of managing your tank, upgrading equipment, and inquiring new livestock.

Almost every thread I read has some guy afraid of his wife. Man up. I make my own money and mine wouldn't dream of telling me how to spend it just like I wouldn't tell her how to spend hers. That cant be healthy.

pdxmonkeyboy

Sticks!! Give me the sticks!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Almost every thread I read has some guy afraid of his wife. Man up. I make my own money and mine wouldn't dream of telling me how to spend it just like I wouldn't tell her how to spend hers. That cant be healthy.
I really think its a running joke more than anything. For some people money is tight and if the shoe was on the other foot, i am certain I would be saying HOW MUCH WAS THAT PIECE OF CORAL??

I ordered a $4k custom tank last month and my wife/girlfriend said "good for you, i know you really wanted that".

Anyways. off topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back