Turtle's Deep Blue Sea

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thinking about a gecko for my son, a guy at work is a Top breeder.

They can be nasty and bite very hard. Strong jaws. That said, the trick is to handle them a lot and they became quite friendly and tame. Make sure to have your friend teach you how to hold them behind the head to avoid being bit at first. If he breeds perhaps he raises them to be tamer than some mass breeders do.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thinking about a gecko for my son, a guy at work is a Top breeder.
I didn't know you could breed tops. :confused:

upload_2018-3-28_15-11-26.png

:rolleyes:

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Took a FTS earlier... backed my lights down to 60%, I need to test but I'm pretty sure we're ULNS and almost out of phyto. A few corals are looking pale, but not bad. The lobo is knocking on death's door. It hasn't been doing well for a long time. Wild colonies...

20180328_154924.jpg

Oh yea, everything looks different... lol. I tried making a tunnel with 3/4" PVC going under the rocks and up to the bottom of the skull. Not a good diea, the rocks were unstable but the skull looked good and the tunnel was neat. We kinda need rocks that won't fall over tho. This scape works, and the skull is actually kinda flat on the rock. Maui was in it earlier today, but he spends most of the time digging under the rocks. I spaced the corals out a little better too so they have some growing room.

Speaking of the skull, we bleached and actually had part of the cyphastrea die back.

20180328_160157.jpg

I removed it from the skull and set it on the frag rack and this is what happened.

20180328_160223.jpg

The dead spot is still there, but holy polyp extension Batman. Oh and we found a name for it, its Blue Meteor Shower.
https://www.windowreefs.com/products/blue-meteor-shower-cyphastrea
I'm thinking its a bottom of the tank over in some shade kind of coral. Seems to like being out of the light.

The Project X comes tomorrow, and I had him cut a birds of paradise for me too. Maybe we can keep from bleaching these?

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Smiley will have silver hair..... " He'll look distinguished " :D

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We finally tested some things...

Alk 8.7dKH, went up 0.1 since the 11th. We're not dosing. Likely just a minor variation and no consumption yet, didn't see a point in checking Ca or Mg.

NO3 0.75-1ppm, yep that low. Feeding fish twice a day now. I have Spectracide KNO3, but I'd rather not dose anything if i can help it.

PO4 0.08ppm... its always 0.08ppm

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
NO3 0.75-1ppm, yep that low. Feeding fish twice a day now. I have Spectracide KNO3, but I'd rather not dose anything if i can help it.
Looking good!

NO3... No cyano, no dosing!

If you want to raise it back up, just reduce the light cycle on your chaeto.

Back