ULM PH Control?

Deep

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is mostly a softy tank with a couple SPS frags.

Since switching to AWC and then changing salts, I have had unexpected dKH measurements.

Before AWC, I was doing monthly 15% water changes....and my dKH would stay between 7.5 and 9.

After switching to incremental 3% daily AWC, dKH kept climbing to as high as 10-11dKH. Since I was transitioning to Triton Method, I was targeting 8dKH and quickly realized my IO reef salt was the issue. Then I switched salts to Neomarine, but have had unexpected higher dKH and find it difficult to get to 8dKH and use my Triton 7 dosing.

The tank has never looked better, but I am having issues with Yumas and Ricordea. Nems are doing great, zoas seem happy, other mushrooms are happy...just not Ricordea or Yumas.

For a couple of SPS frags you dont need to use triton dosing ( or any dosing) as there will be very little Alk or ca usage. Your auto water changes should be more than sufficient for whats being consumed.

OP
OP
arking_mark

arking_mark

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For a couple of SPS frags you dont need to use triton dosing ( or any dosing) as there will be very little Alk or ca usage. Your auto water changes should be more than sufficient for whats being consumed.

This was all in preparation for a new tank which im in the process of transferring to. Everything ULM...hence my PH question.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 36.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 36 30.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 29 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back