OP
Biota_Marine

Biota_Marine

Jake At Biota
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same. I would love a captive bred Gramma.
You can find them directly on our site below:

OP
OP
Biota_Marine

Biota_Marine

Jake At Biota
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d love to see the aurora anthias come to market. Looks like a beautiful fish. But being deep water, would need a different tank set up probably?
We have them available right now, I just realized I haven't put them up on the site so I'll have to fix that today and I'll send a link once I have the product up.

We have them in the same system as our Cuban basslets and Blotched Anthias which is running at full strength seawater and 78 degree water. So they're used to regular conditions for our reef tanks.

OP
OP
Biota_Marine

Biota_Marine

Jake At Biota
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Biota_Marine how do we get on a list for target mandarins?

@footgal
We actually are only breeding the blue mandarin ( Synchiropus splendidus ) at the moment. I'm not sure where Brittanyjo was able to find them but they are not captive-bred by us.

RJKain-777

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have them available right now, I just realized I haven't put them up on the site so I'll have to fix that today and I'll send a link once I have the product up.

We have them in the same system as our Cuban basslets and Blotched Anthias which is running at full strength seawater and 78 degree water. So they're used to regular conditions for our reef tanks.
That’s amazing! Now to find a Lfs IN Canada lol

OP
OP
Biota_Marine

Biota_Marine

Jake At Biota
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick video of my red coris I got from y’all out of your first batch. About 3-4” now
I've heard some crazy stories about our first batch of red coris. We only had 6 go to fish stores around the US so we ended up with a good idea of their final homes. We had a store in Cali sell both our coris and cleaner wrasse to a client and during the fires their chiller malfunctioned and wiped out their entire tank except for those two fish!

14 foot reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We get these seasonally from Mr. Su in Bali. We got a ton in last year I believe around December-January. These guys do get pretty big and they are jerks to conspecifics so keep that in mind.
Is there a way to get put on a waiting list for these ? If so that would be very much appreciated.
Eric J Rood

ThRoewer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Resplendent Angelfish.. Frank Baensch bred them a while back, but then stopped. I wish someone could source a good brood stock and breed them at mass scale. ...
This one is on my list of fish that need to be preserved for the hobby by breeding them - in pure form please and not mixed with C. argi or C. aurantonotus.

D_Reep1106

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've heard some crazy stories about our first batch of red coris. We only had 6 go to fish stores around the US so we ended up with a good idea of their final homes. We had a store in Cali sell both our coris and cleaner wrasse to a client and during the fires their chiller malfunctioned and wiped out their entire tank except for those two fish!

Wow I didn't realize it was that small of a batch. I bought this one from you and put her in a 10 gallon IM fusion and fed calanus it was so tiny but thriving now. Tearing up clean-up crews though.

burningmime

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got one more: Rhabdamia gracilis, the Luminous Cardinalfish. It has a transparent body so you can see its shiny metallic insides. There are apparently large schools/shoals of them feeding over reefs at night.

1604951263278.png

They're not exported in the aquarium trade, but it's not because of their locations or scarcity (they're all over the place):

Anyone know why these fish are so hard to get a hold of? Are they just impossible in captivity? I can find only one video of them in an aquarium and they're so awesome looking:

Last edited:

tuggerlake26

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Echo the copperband butterfly. My other wish list items:

- royal gramma and hawaiian wrasse (more batches- I reaaaally want the wrasse.)
- flame angelfish
- dwarf lionfish
- regal angelfish
- pyramid butterfly

Everything in my tank is either captive bred or aquacultured, so it's limited what I can have. I currently have a coral beauty from you guys and he's doing great!

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Leopard wrasse and copperband butterflies.

Also I would love to see more availability of some fish that have already been captive bred. For example, some people listed regal angelfish but these have already been done (by you I believe) but people probably don't even know that since they are not available to buy (maybe it was only successful once?).

I want to see more Venustus and multibar angels captive bred. Remember the red sea mimic blenny? That was available for a very short time (I think by ORA?) and poof. Same with eastern hula fish. The list goes on.

I would love to see repeated success at breeding some of these fish.

Leo_ian

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One rare deepwater fish we have had success with but haven't found the market for quite yet is the Aurora anthias (Pseudanthias calloura). They're really really cool but they're protogynous so all of our stock has the female coloration.
I would love the anthias! i would also love to see lipogrammas and pugnose basslets. perfect nanofish! evides is so small, I may put one in a pico if I could afford it... fish police don't attack me it was just a thought... they are one inch...

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 32.8%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back