FredsNJReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome job! 33L is an overlooked footprint IMO. I know it's narrow but its nice and long. Great job! I'll look for you on IG. I'm boatinglifeNJ.
Cheers!

OP
OP
VSVP bet

VSVP bet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome job! 33L is an overlooked footprint IMO. I know it's narrow but its nice and long. Great job! I'll look for you on IG. I'm boatinglifeNJ.
Cheers!
thanks! the 33L was everything i needed it to be, small enough to be transported and large enough to stuff with coral.

FredsNJReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
absolutely, and also helps relax during finals lol. My roommate had a 180g with stingrays and 2 sharks. And 2 alligators lol (separately of course).
For my Senior Marine Biology thesis on Tetrodotoxin, I brought the whole class (small) over to our town house to see my Hawaiin Sharp nose puffer in action haha

thomas hudson

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That looks sweet man! I have a 75gallon with 36 sump.. we are moving to a new house and due to space i was thinking of setting up a AIO. I might go DIY with it and do a 33long.

OP
OP
VSVP bet

VSVP bet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That looks sweet man! I have a 75gallon with 36 sump.. we are moving to a new house and due to space i was thinking of setting up a AIO. I might go DIY with it and do a 33long.

Id highly recommend the 33 long AIO. The 33 long has a lot of footprint, but doesn't take up a lot of space. Since its a low tank, make a tall stand so it is near eye level. I took out most of my sps and moved it to my 90G since I finished college and returned home. It now has mostly LPS and a snowflake eel... should probably post an update soon.

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice build, I was gonna do the same on a 40br a few years a ago . I forgot about the 33L it is a nice nice nano tank.
to long for what i can do in my nano space tho. but I like longer tanks in general over cubes.if done right they look so much better!

OP
OP
VSVP bet

VSVP bet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice build, I was gonna do the same on a 40br a few years a ago . I forgot about the 33L it is a nice nice nano tank.
to long for what i can do in my nano space tho. but I like longer tanks in general over cubes.if done right they look so much better!

Thanks and I couldn't agree more. I definitely like viewing space.

OP
OP
VSVP bet

VSVP bet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thought Id post an update. I have since transferred my SPS to my 90 main display, the 33 now houses my 'overflow' corals from the 90. I am just adding a cony anemone. I am hoping that my black ocellaris will host it. I know clowns dont always host condys, however, the clown was hosting my trach (until I evicted her because she was damaging the flesh) and she has now moved to the elegance (which I am afraid will eat her at night). Hoping she takes to the $10 condy.
1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG
4.JPG
5.JPG

Scottsquatch

Third times a charm?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm back in and (once again) and finally going ahead on my build. This time i'm doing more than talking about it. I am currently engaged in actual plans and a process. I tried to get back in a couple times over the last 7 yrs (including while you were doing this build), but my health was crappy and life kept kicking me while I was down. Anyway, I have been ordering a few more things from BRS and designing my stand. Going with a basement fish room and sump! I'm definitely getting pretty excited to get her going. I'm also single now and have nobody to "poo-poo" my reef hobby passion. More money and space in the house too! LOL. Anyway, I'd love to see current pics of the 33 long. Take care.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back