AI Prime 16HD Settings Help?!?!?

Zakery Murray

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently purchased a used fluval m60, and I plan to put an AI Prime 16HD on it? I was wondering what sort of settings I could put on it. I like bluer looking lights settings, but not too blue, just enough to have it to pop. So I was thinking maybe the ab+ setting, or the saxby, with some modifications. I just am not too good at what I should turn down, and by how much. SO some specifics would very helpful in my decisions. I plan On doing a lot of lps in a mixed reef. Acans, hammers, torch, frogspawn, octospawn ,zoas, etc etc. I want just one or 2 sps near the top for the looks.

Any and all help is welcome, sorry for posting again just wanted some more opinions and thoughts.

NC Jim

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually think the BRS recommended settings on the AI Prime 16 HD look really good. You could lower the white down 10% if you want that bluer look but it really requires very little tinkering.

OP
OP
Zakery Murray

Zakery Murray

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually think the BRS recommended settings on the AI Prime 16 HD look really good. You could lower the white down 10% if you want that bluer look but it really requires very little tinkering.
I have used the brs settings before and burnt the leds after a few monthes.

NC Jim

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can input the BRS recommended settings then use two fingers to lower the intensity on the app. Still gives a nice look with less output.

OP
OP
Zakery Murray

Zakery Murray

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What did you do after you burnt the lenses because I’m scared about that with my current settings
I ended up sending it to ai, luckily the led itself didn't burn and just the lens. So I ended up having the lens get replaced.

OP
OP
Zakery Murray

Zakery Murray

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had to send the light because they couldnt tell from the pictures if any of the lights/wires we damaged. They wanted to make sure it was all in working order.

Saline

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Fluval M60 and was torn between the two. Went Kessil A160. Very happy with it and no fiddling around.

Cdime712

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need help to make sure this is not to much on my reef tank. I have a fuval 13 evo tank. I have a picture of my setting now.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210402-170951_myAI.jpg
    Screenshot_20210402-170951_myAI.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 38

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 129 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back