ai prime not working

RickyMcG

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@fish n chips This reset didn’t do a thing for me. Did you connect to the Prime's WiFi channel first?

Looks like your Prime remembered your wifi network and connected to it, so you were able to connect to the prime and continue. I'm getting nothing in the app, and no Prime HD network to connect with either.

White display after reboot, then unplugging/plugging back in gives me flashing red.

I read online that flashing red means the unit can't connect to its internal wifi card. :-/

Last edited:
OP
OP
F

fish n chips

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@fish n chips This reset didn’t do a thing for me. Did you connect to the Prime's WiFi channel first?

Looks like your Prime remembered your wifi network and connected to it, so you were able to connect to the prime and continue. I'm getting nothing in the app, and no Prime HD network to connect with either.

White display after reboot, then unplugging/plugging back in gives me flashing red.

I read online that flashing red means the unit can't connect to its internal wifi card. :-/

i am getting nothing but a solid white light every time, and unable to connect to wifi, therefore connect and control the device

edit: i just filled out an rma form here:
http://aquaillumination.com/support/rma.html
and am now ready to ship it off to them

RickyMcG

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From what I see, though, your device is showing up in the app. Mine does not. Nothing. Nada.

OP
OP
F

fish n chips

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it’s showing up but i’m unable to connect it to my wifi. the fact that i can’t even factory reset it and only have a solid white light (which isn’t even in the manual for led indications) says something is wrong

RickyMcG

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contacted AquaIllumination, whose support was stellar. They gave me a number to call and arranged to ship a replacement in 3 days UPS Ground. I have 30 days to return the defective unit with prepaid label.

Set the light up yesterday. Had to set it up twice — I think because my network is wonky (wife often has connection issues with her phone and iPad) — but it seems to be working fine now. I’m on a flight and connected to it via the app with no issues.

Fingers crossed. :)

OP
OP
F

fish n chips

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i filled out an rma form saturday, since they were closed. also had to pay for shipping but i just wanted to get it there and over with since i couldn’t find answers online. spoke to them (ecotech marine, out of pennsylvania) yesterday, and they had received it and diagnosed a bad driver so they’re sending me a new one. great customer support, the wait is the only thing that sucks but that just comes with the territory.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 146 74.9%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 16 8.2%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 29 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.1%
Back