Bubba's SPS Journey

CoralWealth

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I posted the rainbow envy on the previous page. I've only had it a short time but so far I like it. Give it two months and then I'll see what it turns into. I bought it from Piratesreef.

Yeah I saw your picture but I wanted to know what you actually thought of it. I like it more and more every week, it has so many colors.

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I saw your picture but I wanted to know what you actually thought of it. I like it more and more every week, it has so many colors.
So far I like it but it’s not a standout piece like some of my others. Most of the ones I consider standout coral didn’t come that way, so with time I hope the rainbow envy is.

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup I know how you feel.

What are your standout pieces?
It's hard to set aside personal taste but I think most people are attracted to corals that has a lot of fluorescence to them. These coral do: Homewrecker, Mattv Psycho Asylum, Acid trip, TSA Fruity Pebbles (mostly in the tips), Arc ultra milli. I think I have a lot of pretty corals but it's all personal taste.

The HW and the Psycho Asylum are both corals that take time to look nice though. I am not sure if you have either of those but if not and you go and buy one you might think they are turds until one day you look and you are amazed at what they turned into.

Also, if my WD looked like yours it would be that list also!

I did a top 5 of my personal favorites a couple weeks ago on post #786 if you are interested.

Last edited:
OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a pic guy. I see a video link and oddly avoid it like the plague. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
Thats how I normally feel also, lol. I made sure to say 26 secs long when I posted that video so people might click it.

I’ve wanted to share the psycho asylum for so long but I felt it needed a video instead of pics.

happyhourhero

Burner of the Tips
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol, I post way more here on r2r. I find on Facebook, if your coral pics aren't mostly saturated in blue they aren't appreciated as much.
Yeah if you aren’t posting a rainbow tenuis under all blue on FB, no one cares.

tigé21v

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do people enjoy short little videos to see accurate color or do they like pics to just take a glance at?
Both. lol
I know it's not many peep's idea of fun, but how about a catalogue of the corals you've posted, and the page where we can find them?;) And, of course, update it as you add more.
Maybe make it the first page of this thread, or add a link to the addendum.
This thread has quickly become the "Who's Who" of high-end acropora.

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both. lol
I know it's not many peep's idea of fun, but how about a catalogue of the corals you've posted, and the page where we can find them?;) And, of course, update it as you add more.
Maybe make it the first page of this thread, or add a link to the addendum.
This thread has quickly become the "Who's Who" of high-end acropora.
This sounds like you're trying to give me a job, lol. Maybe I'll do it with future postings buts it just to many pages now to go back and dig through.

Last edited:
OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Videos definitely! You could post a 10min video of a coral and I will happily re-watch it multiple times haha
Thanks!
I try to post accurate pics but the videos just show it so much better. I don't do any video editing so it's pretty much what you see is what they look like.

I will probably do pics with an occasional video for now on. I'll probably slow down from the daily uploads that I've been doing as I feel it's making it hard for people to keep up with the thread as it's growing so fast.

Sushitheshiba

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey @bubbaque ! I know i saw it in one of your pages a while ago, but any updates on you BC Bellicose Trobairitz? Was wondering what PAR you have it under now if you changed/kept it in the same spot since you said a while ago it was really a slow grower. Thanks!

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey @bubbaque ! I know i saw it in one of your pages a while ago, but any updates on you BC Bellicose Trobairitz? Was wondering what PAR you have it under now if you changed/kept it in the same spot since you said a while ago it was really a slow grower. Thanks!
My system generally runs very low nutrients, which is fine as long as your corals get fed a lot. Well my frag tank corals don't get fed at all really, besides what makes its way down the overflow from the display. I believe the lack of food in that tank along with low nutrients has stunted its growth. I moved it to my display 2 weeks ago, which gets lots of food and growth has taken off on it. Still no vertical growth but what encrusting growth I got in these past two weeks is more than I did the whole time I had it. I now feed the frag tanks after seeing such a huge difference. I'll take a pic of the old one and the new one I got a couple days ago.

I see why WWC feeds their tanks once an hour. Food is so important.

Land Shark

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My system generally runs very low nutrients, which is fine as long as your corals get fed a lot. Well my frag tank corals don't get fed at all really, besides what makes its way down the overflow from the display. I believe the lack of food in that tank along with low nutrients has stunted its growth. I moved it to my display 2 weeks ago, which gets lots of food and growth has taken off on it. Still no vertical growth but what encrusting growth I got in these past two weeks is more than I did the whole time I had it. I now feed the frag tanks after seeing such a huge difference. I'll take a pic of the old one and the new one I got a couple days ago.

I see why WWC feeds their tanks once an hour. Food is so important.

This hourly schedule makes a lot of sense as I read this. What food are you and WWC feeding on an hourly basis? I'm guessing it's small amounts spread out over the day but can you give an idea what you would feed per 100 gallons DT per hour? Thanks!

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WWC says their in house blend of food so I’m not sure. Wwc does once an hr but I feed 3 times a day. My first feeding is Frozen food (fish, shrimp and scallops). I feed so much it takes a good 10-15 to clear up. I leave the pumps on for the first minute or two to let the big fish eat all the big piece and then I turn the pumps off for 30 mins to let the coral grab all the particles.The other two feedings are pellets.

Last edited:

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 53 40.5%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 67 51.1%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 5 3.8%
Back