OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mattv Rainbow envy. I have had it a few weeks. When I got it the top was broke off in the bag. I am happy to see it already healed and started growing a new tip!
Rainbow envy Aug 23.jpg

Lady in pink. I got this one a few days ago from my buddy who sold me the SCOP colony.
Lady in pink Aug 23.jpg

JonJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mattv Rainbow envy. I have had it a few weeks. When I got it the top was broke off in the bag. I am happy to see it already healed and started growing a new tip!
Rainbow envy Aug 23.jpg

Lady in pink. I got this one a few days ago from my buddy who sold me the SCOP colony.
Lady in pink Aug 23.jpg

I have both of those. The rainbow envy is really nice! The lady in pink is very finicky for me and loses color with phosphate swings. Can’t wait to see how they do for you!

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Space laser looks exactly like mine I know I got a heavy discount from Adam and can’t wait to see this thing as a colony
I try to take accurate pics.

I am excited to see what it's like when it's a colony. I am interested to see what his colony looks like when he adds it to the site.

blackizzz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This thread and all the eye-candy makes me both wish that we had the same supply of awesomely colored acros as in the US and that we never do lol... My wallet would be suffering ;Dead

As always Bubba, the colors you're able to pull from these nubs are incredible!

AvaS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This thread is so gorgeous and inspiring it makes me so happy just to sit, read it, and scroll through all the pictures!! I dream of having a tank anything like yours one day. I have a question for you.. if I want to start to add acros and Millie’s to my system, what is the best place to start other then making sure the tank is stable and ready for it (which I already know I have to do) . my local fish stores don’t carry any sps really and what they do have is the generic green acro that looks half bleached for around $100 a frag( don’t get me wrong I love my LFS but sps are not their strong suit). Is it best to get a pack from somewhere( if so where is the best place for affordable Sps) or is there another place that is good to start acquiring.. if it helps I live in south Florida like 3.5 hours from Orlando.. Let me know and have a nice day
-Ava

AvaS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stable water chemistry, light, and flow are the 3 main parts of keeping sps.
Got cha and thanks for the info.. I am asking now that my tank has all of those things... what’s the next step/ best place to start to acquire some acros and Millie’s from??

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This thread and all the eye-candy makes me both wish that we had the same supply of awesomely colored acros as in the US and that we never do lol... My wallet would be suffering ;Dead

As always Bubba, the colors you're able to pull from these nubs are incredible!
Thanks for the compliment!

I see a lot of people say they wish they had the same supply out side of the United States. Are we the only country that imports coral? Where do your corals come from?

This thread is so gorgeous and inspiring it makes me so happy just to sit, read it, and scroll through all the pictures!! I dream of having a tank anything like yours one day. I have a question for you.. if I want to start to add acros and Millie’s to my system, what is the best place to start other then making sure the tank is stable and ready for it (which I already know I have to do) . my local fish stores don’t carry any sps really and what they do have is the generic green acro that looks half bleached for around $100 a frag( don’t get me wrong I love my LFS but sps are not their strong suit). Is it best to get a pack from somewhere( if so where is the best place for affordable Sps) or is there another place that is good to start acquiring.. if it helps I live in south Florida like 3.5 hours from Orlando.. Let me know and have a nice day
-Ava
I think besides having stable parameters, you need time. Having stable parameters with a 3 month old tank acts differently than a tank with stable parameters that's 2 years old. I really think keeping sps comes down to stable alk and feeding often. I believe having a mature tank helps with being able to feed often without running into issues.

Best place to acquire frags at a good price is Battlecorals. I don't know if I have ever seen one bad thing said about him.

blackizzz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I see a lot of people say they wish they had the same supply out side of the United States. Are we the only country that imports coral? Where do your corals come from?

You're very welcome, it's well deserved :)

I guess the coral scene hasn't really "bloomed" as much in Europe as in the US (yet I hope). The "rare" specimen we do get often are imported from the US, and with that detour comes a little price add-on, and a really small supply. To Sweden the corals are imported from all around the world, but I guess being on the complete opposite side of the world as AUS, the coral sea, hawaii etc. has it's downsides. The amount of coral farms and people selling high end corals are quite low as well, primarily found in Germany and the UK, and they're not always keen on shipping internationally :(

There's been quite a development the last two years or so though, more online stores are popping up, and sometimes a few of the "more common" high end SPS turn up on those. For example WD and Homewrecker I've seen very occasionally, but other than that finding real gems is tough :confused:

If WWC actually were world wide I'd be a regular :p:rolleyes: dang CITES.

AvaS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I think besides having stable parameters, you need time. Having stable parameters with a 3 month old tank acts differently than a tank with stable parameters that's 2 years old. I really think keeping sps comes down to stable alk and feeding often. I believe having a mature tank helps with being able to feed often without running into issues.

Best place to acquire frags at a good price is Battlecorals. I don't know if I have ever seen one bad thing said about him.
Thanks so much!! I will have to look into it and decide.. I want to start small so I don’t overstock the tank to quickly and I know this hobby is about patience!! Thanks for being a great inspiration for a young reefer like me!
Ava

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Crack-a-lackin' man!! You pull some pure amazingness in your tank :D The real question is when are you going to stop being so mean and send me a frag pack?? :p hahaha
Ill do you one better. You can come pick them up in person! :p

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Mattv Psycho Asylum is hands down my favorite coral. I never share pics because it doesn't do it justice.

What is better than a pic? A video!! Here is a quick 26 sec video of the Mattv Psycho Asylum! Watch in HD.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 32 20.5%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 116 74.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.8%
Back