bubbaque

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol duahhh I’ve seen those. Whoops!
What kind of lights do you have on them? Do you like the dimensions with them being so shallow? What are you using for flow? I’m looking at getting another as I sell to some local stores and need to free some space up
One of them I have an 8 bulb ati fixture with 2 SB Reef bars and the other uses a Aquaticlife t5 hybrid fixture with 3 radion XR15's.

I like the Lowboys but if I could change anything it would be the depth. 10" just isn't enough. I would like to raise my coral off the bottom even more but I don't want them in 6" of water due to getting possibly too much light. For flow, in each tank I use two Maxspect gyre 250's, one on each side. For $125 you can buy the Lowboy. How do you beat that price for the dimension?

CoralWealth

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
One of them I have an 8 bulb ati fixture with 2 SB Reef bars and the other uses a Aquaticlife t5 hybrid fixture with 3 radion XR15's.

I like the Lowboys but if I could change anything it would be the depth. 10" just isn't enough. I would like to raise my coral off the bottom even more but I don't want them in 6" of water due to getting possibly too much light. For flow, in each tank I use two Maxspect gyre 250's, one on each side. For $125 you can buy the Lowboy. How do you beat that price for the dimension?

Where do you buy the lowboy for that price? I was trying to buy one but couldnt find it

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where do you buy the lowboy for that price? I was trying to buy one but couldnt find it
I called around to my local fish stores. None of them carry them in stock but each one was able to order them for me.

KJoFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's your goal with all your acros? Just collect all the acros in the world? lol I mean tanks full of acros are nice but if they're not really on display...it's just a growout situation?

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's your goal with all your acros? Just collect all the acros in the world? lol I mean tanks full of acros are nice but if they're not really on display...it's just a growout situation?
I like the challenge to try and grow and color up sps. As any hobby, if you are not getting new equipment or trying to challenge yourself, it gets boring. Buying coral keeps it interesting and exciting to me. I actually worry about the day when my system is full of colonies and there is nothing to do but watch. It's a nice achievement but what's the fun in that when it gets to that stage?

The display is really just a growout situation with corals at different levels. My frag tanks are the same thing but grown at the same height. I enjoy my frag tanks more than I do my display. Corals always look the best when viewed top down and my frag tanks give me that opportunity. I love my PC superman colony but it is starting to grow up at an angle, so now I can only view the top of it when I stand on a chair. If it was in my frag tank, I'd enjoy it more. I had a friend over this past weekend and I had him standing on chairs poking his head in my canopy just so he can get the best view, lol. Sorry about that Andrew.

lolgranny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Yea that’s super cheap!! I was thinking one of these deep blue 80gallons. My guy only wants $270 for it so maybe I’ll go that route. I have the 60g now and feel that’s too shallow but everything’s raised off the floor 5” or so

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the challenge to try and grow and color up sps. As any hobby, if you are not getting new equipment or trying to challenge yourself, it gets boring. Buying coral keeps it interesting and exciting to me. I actually worry about the day when my system is full of colonies and there is nothing to do but watch. It's a nice achievement but what's the fun in that when it gets to that stage?

The display is really just a growout situation with corals at different levels. My frag tanks are the same thing but grown at the same height. I enjoy my frag tanks more than I do my display. Corals always look the best when viewed top down and my frag tanks give me that opportunity. I love my PC superman colony but it is starting to grow up at an angle, so now I can only view the top of it when I stand on a chair. If it was in my frag tank, I'd enjoy it more. I had a friend over this past weekend and I had him standing on chairs poking his head in my canopy just so he can get the best view, lol. Sorry about that Andrew.
Get a 6' x 3' lagoon setup and set that up as your display. Look down perspective with full rock scape to be viewed from above only. Think a frag tank/display tank hybrid. It'll be awesome!

lolgranny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

The fun it chopping them up and starting again :D

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get a 6' x 3' lagoon setup and set that up as your display. Look down perspective with full rock scape to be viewed from above only. Think a frag tank/display tank hybrid. It'll be awesome!
Is this a legit thing?

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this a legit thing?
Had a buddy in town that setup a frag tank, 6' x 3' x 18". He loved it so much that he ignored his display and pulled out his frag racks and added rocks. Then scaped it and added fish. Whenever he wanted to view it, he'd push a button connected to his apex and his circulation pumps would shut off and he can just stare at the awesome scene below him. It was pretty awesome.

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had a buddy in town that setup a frag tank, 6' x 3' x 18". He loved it so much that he ignored his display and pulled out his frag racks and added rocks. Then scaped it and added fish. Whenever he wanted to view it, he'd push a button connected to his apex and his circulation pumps would shut off and he can just stare at the awesome scene below him. It was pretty awesome.
Sounds like my dream tank. I watched a video Mike paletta put out yesterday and he's making his new 500 gallon very short so he can view everything from the top.

lolgranny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like my dream tank. I watched a video Mike paletta put out yesterday and he's making his new 500 gallon very short so he can view everything from the top.

Link!

@FarmerTy

I had a buddy with a 8’ tank that overflowed over the lip of the glass and into a trough. Only 18” deep. Was pretty cool. They took it down since.

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Link!

@FarmerTy

I had a buddy with a 8’ tank that overflowed over the lip of the glass and into a trough. Only 18” deep. Was pretty cool. They took it down since.
I like unique concept tanks. People are very creative with their hobbies.

panic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a light blue fiberglass lagoon tank that was 48x72x14 years ago. Also my favorite setup I’ve had. It was originally used in tandem with several others to grow clams. It started out as a frag tank to replace a smaller one for me because I was out of space, then I added rocks around the edges for the fish to hang out since the fish needed to be in there to keep the plugs clean. Then the space in the middle kept getting smaller and smaller because several of the frags became favorite colonies. Eventually I sold it to another hobbiest that was starting a shop, the colonies and fish went in to a new tank, and the frag tank replaced with a “normal” sized one. Frag tanks are a gateway drug to a 2nd display tank.

MTBake

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am pretty excited for these! I requested a couple I already have as I think my tank is doing better now than when I first got them. Like the Houdini I have had over a year and it's still a 1/2" nub.
Here is the list for anyone that had a hard time reading the bags.
Firecracker table
Snipers blue
Red devil nasuta
Rainbow Brite
Hyperberry
Rainbow loom
Aussie Echinata
Angelica
Cemetery party
Space Laser
Bellicose
Deep purple lokani
Gilligan
Kenberry
Flowers grow out my grave
Pink cigarette (what a name)
Daisy pusher
Houdini

Nice pack! There's a few in there that I'd really like to have;)

And I'm coming for ya in the contest! Got some new lighting on the way! And my tank is finally coming around:p

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 56 40.9%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 70 51.1%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back