Bassmaster116

IDK what im doing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i have set up my carx about 2 weeks ago, using a reef octo in conjunction with the carbon doser and my apex. Just curious anyone else who is using their apex as the ph controlle, what does your ph graph look like? mine was up and down alot but now had seemed to steady out.

Set my effluent to a stream, started out with high at 7.4 low at 7.3 and am slowly adjusting. with bubble setting at lowest havent touched anything since.

Pics of your graphs would be awsome TIA

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i have set up my carx about 2 weeks ago, using a reef octo in conjunction with the carbon doser and my apex. Just curious anyone else who is using their apex as the ph controlle, what does your ph graph look like? mine was up and down alot but now had seemed to steady out.

Set my effluent to a stream, started out with high at 7.4 low at 7.3 and am slowly adjusting. with bubble setting at lowest havent touched anything since.

Pics of your graphs would be awsome TIA

Been doing the constant stream method with the Sicce .5 for the feed pump for three years.

Going to have to go back in time within my build to see Fusion's graph.

Just click on / "Click to expand"

Apex's ph graph for a calcium reactor

Well,
I did lower the Apex ph from 7.3 on and 7.2 off to 7.25 on to 7.15 off...
Because when I tested the ph on Thursday Evening the first test came in at 8.6 dkh and tested again and it tested at 8.7 dkh.
Then I tested the ph again right before Friday evenings water change and it came in at 8.6 dkh.

So, I lowered the melting point a tad and we'll see ;Wideyed how it plays out.

Any who, onto the the Apex's ph graph.

First shot when we were just letting the Apex do all the work at two Co2 bubbles per second.

Screenshot (13).png

Second shot after lowering the Co2 bubble to one bubble per second.
Screenshot (17).png

Now the Apex is still monitoring the reactor's ph but it's not having to turn on and off the Apex switch or the GLA's solenoid / that leads to less wear and tear over the long haul.

:)

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I strongly suggest that you learn how to tune the thing and then let it run 24/7 and do not use a pH control. If you want to text/alert with pH controller, then cool, but using a pH controller is a waste of time, IMO. I wrote up and accumulated some of my posts into a google doc and linked it into my signature if you want to check it out - if you want to use the apex, then I have no idea since I will never run one this way again.

Back