OP
OP
Johnson

Johnson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would think about doing a manifold style return. Where all the gate valve are next to one another. This way your not walking around the tank and reaching around corners to adjust flow (mainly because if you adjust one, you may have to adjust others). If the plumbing is coming up through the floor it could be below the tank. If the plumbing is coming up inside the wall, well I'm not sure where I would put it then
sketch-1549936476234.png
I was thinking something like this for the returns and the blue marks are the gate valves. I was trying to figure with what you were saying with the manifold style but I think I'd loose some ressure that way running alot more pipe.

bdesign

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_20190210_171527538.jpg
oh and another issue I have found just to start the week off right.:)

Good grief... what a kick in the pants with those holes not aligning.

Sometimes it feels those kinda things only happen to me.
And often. Haha

Your build looks to be amazing

Nice job so far

OP
OP
Johnson

Johnson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I planned on gluing them straight to the tank anyway because the bulkheads that come with is only work up to 5/8 or 3/4 in thick material anyways. So I should be able to just redrill the holes and stick it on.

Pntbll687

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sketch-1549936476234.png
I was thinking something like this for the returns and the blue marks are the gate valves. I was trying to figure with what you were saying with the manifold style but I think I'd loose some ressure that way running alot more pipe.

That's pretty much how I pictured it in my head, maybe putting all the gate valves closer together and having longer runs if pipe to the bulkhead.

I'm just thinking worse case scenario you need to shut off all the returns at the same time. I would want all the gate valves in a one or two foot section rather than spread out under the stand. Because we all day the same thing "I'm gonna keep it organized" but that rarely happens.

OP
OP
Johnson

Johnson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's pretty much how I pictured it in my head, maybe putting all the gate valves closer together and having longer runs if pipe to the bulkhead.

I'm just thinking worse case scenario you need to shut off all the returns at the same time. I would want all the gate valves in a one or two foot section rather than spread out under the stand. Because we all day the same thing "I'm gonna keep it organized" but that rarely happens.
Yea maybe just pull the bottom tighter and angle it up to the tops. Like a big V I guess.

OP
OP
Johnson

Johnson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m with him. Just make your own overflow box. If you build a drop off tank out of acrylic, I’m more then confident you can make your own overflow box
I guess that's true I'll see what I can do. I'm currently working out of town so the only time I'll get to work on it is the weekends.

OP
OP
Johnson

Johnson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's a start. Hoping to get all the gate valves ruffed in and maybe up from the pump abit till I get it in to it's final location.
15504297999512217048752686015345.jpg

OP
OP
Johnson

Johnson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Almost forgot i still had some sump work to do to. Gotta drill for the bulk head for the pump.
IMG_20190217_151724304_PORTRAIT.jpg

j0hnson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's Johnson sorry I haven't been posting anything I've made progress. I can't log into r2r for some reason. I've emailed them they haven't gotten back to me. When I go to login it shows up the verification page and never sends the code to my email. I checked spam folders other folders nothing. I can't get in!?!!?! Has this happened to anyone?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 66 85.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.9%
Back