Dosing Pump/Stirrer Anyone?

sromero287

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi reefers, looking to buy a dosing pump and found one named ARKA VIDA GT it's a dosing 4 pumps unit and stirrer included for the prods, they look really innovative cause they stir the liquids to dose every 4 hours and 20 seconds before each dosing. Used to have the Bubble Magus and slave and never any problems but this one got my attention to dose reef elements plus phytoplankton or reef energy knowing the stirrer will mix it perfect before dose!!!!

IMG_0152.JPG
IMG_0153.JPG

Any suggestion or comment highly appreciated, happy reefing!!!!

Simon [emoji106][emoji225][emoji886]

Motthunter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you heard any results from someone owning this Arka device? I'm curious if it works well or not.

Leadfooted

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Minimize the tubbing where liquids will become stable and settle was some great advice given to me when I had some issues. Great device, I made a DIY that similar, not as nice.

Motthunter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please clarify.. I'm not sure i understood. Did you use this device successfully or did you make your own diy version?

Mark Lawson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi reefers, looking to buy a dosing pump and found one named ARKA VIDA GT it's a dosing 4 pumps unit and stirrer included for the prods, they look really innovative cause they stir the liquids to dose every 4 hours and 20 seconds before each dosing. Used to have the Bubble Magus and slave and never any problems but this one got my attention to dose reef elements plus phytoplankton or reef energy knowing the stirrer will mix it perfect before dose!!!!

IMG_0152.JPG
IMG_0153.JPG

Any suggestion or comment highly appreciated, happy reefing!!!!

Simon [emoji106][emoji225][emoji886]
Maybe buying one of these units am wondering what brand containers you used and where you found them.....thanks again

jasonrusso

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you ever buy this? How did it work? I've seen pictures of people using the VOSS water bottles.

jasonrusso

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going to be setting the unit up this weekend. Is the memory non- volatile, meaning can I set it up and calibrate it on the table then unplug it? I would think so because every time the power goes out, the system would reset.

jasonrusso

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just looked at these. Are you certain it can only be used with their doser? I don't see that listed anywhere.
I didn't really research it too much, but I thought that the stirrer plugged into the doser and it was controlled by the doser.

Like I said, I'm not 100% sure

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The GHL Stirrer only works their dosers. As you can set the speed and how soon you want to start stirring the chemical you are dosing before doing so.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 42.1%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 21 22.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 32 33.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.1%
Back