Dyson Air Purifier?

Stoatee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have noticed my safes are starting to get rust on the outside of them since I have had a small 100L(22g) Red Sea max peninsula. I assume this is from the evaporation and was debating how to tackle it. I was going to use a dehumidifier like I do for my 55g and just know I have to replace it every 1-2 years. But then I also thought about a Dyson humidifier which would be better for the room as it is a converted garage so no windows lots of insulation meaning it the temperature can get hot in the summer. My question would be would the Dyson remove what is rusting my safes from the air and keep the humidity of the room at a sensible level or will it just add more moisture and be pointless? If I go the dehumidifier route I am not sure if it will make the room to dry and it may struggle in the summer

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't speak to that specific product, but one general thing to watch for - it may not be humidity itself that is causing the rust, but rather, tiny, invisible aerosolized salt droplets rising up out of the tank. If it is that, a dehumidifier won't help much. In critical applications, it is best to enclose the tank and vent the air around it outside.

Jay

SteveMM62Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have the resources to have a MiniSplit Heat Pump installed in the Garage? That would be the very best solution. Locally Owned Glass Shop top, Aqueon Hinge, Backstrip, and Handle will cut down on the Evaporation. A lot of Objects are Powder Coated, in my opinion, this is a very poor coating against damage and rust. You probably should wire brush, scrape and sand the finish, and paint the Safe with Rust oleum Hammered Paint. This paint is extremely durable. I painted the rear axle on my Pickup years ago, and it’s still in good shape.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 26.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 40 32.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back