Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Peppermints and me don't get along! They always attack my LPS for some darn reason. So, no peppermints for me!

Sand, well for larger amounts a bucket and some pantyhose. Stretch the pantyhose over the bucket. Dump some sand on the pantyhose and rinse till the water is clean.

Small amounts, use a large fish net. Same thing.

Let it drip out as much water as you can.

With a tank running, use a 1" or 1 1/2" pvc pipe long enough to reach the bottom of your tank. Using a funnel at the top of the pvc, dump small amounts down the tube. There will be some cloudiness from it, but it should clear quickly.
I had a feeling you would have a great solution. Would never have thought of pantyhose. I've tried using a kitchen colander and it didn't work well at all. I appreciate the info!

OP
OP
F

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a feeling you would have a great solution. Would never have thought of pantyhose. I've tried using a kitchen colander and it didn't work well at all. I appreciate the info!

Your welcome!

Side note: wife will most likely not want to wear the pantyhose afterwards! Just saying! Lol.

Raege

I’m a leaf on the wind watch me soar
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Say hey! Little late to the party here and have gotten about half way thru. Great thread already taking notes for my some day upgrade. You have some skills with wood and diy for sure. Thanks for sharing looking forward to getting fully caught up. Stay Salty

OP
OP
F

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Say hey! Little late to the party here and have gotten about half way thru. Great thread already taking notes for my some day upgrade. You have some skills with wood and diy for sure. Thanks for sharing looking forward to getting fully caught up. Stay Salty

Thanks for tagging along and thanks for the kind words! :)

OP
OP
F

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Staging water for weekend water change. Rinsing more sand to add this weekend.

I really want to, at some point, do a remote frag tank or in sump frag holding area. I have multiple choices.

1. Twenty gallon long fed by my manifold, return by bulkhead and pvc pipe back into the sump. This could be used as a refugium or frag holding tank.

2. Twenty gallon long as a refugium, current refugium becomes the frag holding area.

3. 56 column as frag holding or refugium done as above.

Light, purchase another black box and modify it to my DT boxes or a SB Reeflights basic black box.

Flow, Jebao Rw series pumps. Rw 8's for a twenty long or Rw 15 for a 56 column.

No hurry to do any of this, but it would be nice to have the extra room. Most likely before the end of the year.

OP
OP
F

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful day here in Missouri! Welcome change it the weather! Yard work is not so bad when it's this nice! Even fertilized the yard!

Going to vacuum my car and then it's reefing, Donkey Kong style. Heck, I'm going to add more sand to the system!

House is open and a nice breeze flowing through it! Tank should love the PH bump! Great day!

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
House is open and a nice breeze flowing through it! Tank should love the PH bump! Great day!

giphy.gif

I'm with ya!!

OP
OP
F

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
F

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You don't have room for more acros!!!

I do have some room. I'm going to frag my bird's nest out soon. Right side has some room at the top.

Aquatic acrobat in your aquarium: Have you ever kept an eel?

• I currently keep an eel in my tank.

Votes: 29 14.9%
  • I have kept an eel in my tank in the past.

Votes: 32 16.4%
  • I have not kept an eel in my tank, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 35 17.9%
  • I have no plans to keep an eel.

Votes: 96 49.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.5%
Back