Is This A Manderin?

BaliReefBox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi
I was at the local LFS this morning and she had some of these fish which I thought were pretty cool. to me they kinda looked like a Goby of some sought however she called the an "sanur manderin"? She also had in another tank a more traditional look manderin..Any thoughts on What it could be?

Also these yellow and black fish were nice also my I cant seem to find a name for them or what there habits are..Ideas?
thanks IMG_6900.jpg IMG_6901.jpg

Attachments

• fish ID.mov
    1.4 MB

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi
I was at the local LFS this morning and she had some of these fish which I thought were pretty cool. to me they kinda looked like a Goby of some sought however she called the an "sanur manderin"? She also had in another tank a more traditional look manderin..Any thoughts on What it could be?

Also these yellow and black fish were nice also my I cant seem to find a name for them or what there habits are..Ideas?
thanks IMG_6900.jpg IMG_6901.jpg
I cant see the video to say if it’s a true Dragonet or not (photos are better) however the Yellow and Black fish are Bicolour Angelfish or Centropyge bicolour.

OP
OP
BaliReefBox

BaliReefBox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cant see the video to say if it’s a true Dragonet or not (photos are better) however the Yellow and Black fish are Bicolour Angelfish or Centropyge bicolour.
Thanks for the reply. I just stumbled across the name also i think..rock beauty anglefish... they look the same..As for the video I clicked and it opened in a new window... I have pics but they are well camo and hard to see.

Attachments

• fish 2.jpg
    fish 2.jpg
    176.8 KB · Views: 55

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have some images of the "mandarins" that would help (I can't view the video on my tablet). Mandarins come in the traditional blue, green and red as well as the spotted/pale green variety.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t see the video either, and from the first pics all I really see is the bicolor angel. From the blurry picture it looks like maybe a scooter blenny.

OP
OP
BaliReefBox

BaliReefBox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
does this help...brown mottled look... like a dusky flathead from oz....only in color

Attachments

• Screenshot (152).png
    Screenshot (152).png
    341.4 KB · Views: 52
OP
OP
BaliReefBox

BaliReefBox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am pretty sure this may be it... they sound tasty if nothing else...I couldnt find it on a reef site but had luck on a cooking/food site..go figure edit watching again its not the one

Screenshot (153).png

Narideth

Fishaholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like a scooter blenny to me from the video, scoot scooting along as they pick for copepods. Take a look and see if those match what you saw? The mottled brownish ones. Maybe the were just using 'mandarin' as a blanket term for 'dragonet' unintentionally.

OP
OP
BaliReefBox

BaliReefBox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like a scooter blenny to me from the video, scoot scooting along as they pick for copepods. Take a look and see if those match what you saw? The mottled brownish ones. Maybe the were just using 'mandarin' as a blanket term for 'dragonet' unintentionally.
Sir I think we have a winner....def looks like it cheers mate

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 22.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 59 34.1%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 55 31.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back