TokenReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Blenny Blanco... from the bronx
20221203_131048.jpg
(smh that epoxy looks terrible lol, was a quick fix...gonna try to remove that)

TokenReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love it! Is that an anemone on the left side?
Yessir just a common green bta. The blenny watches the tentacles as they flow near his little hole there, fun to watch. He's out and about as much as he's in his home tho; anything going on he comes to investigate. Great fish addition!

TokenReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, his colors change rapidly depending on what rock he's on. On his dark home rock in the pic he's darker but I have newer marco rock in the tank and he lightens right up near it; pretty neat fish

OP
OP
OldRed1

OldRed1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, his colors change rapidly depending on what rock he's on. On his dark home rock in the pic he's darker but I have newer marco rock in the tank and he lightens right up near it; pretty neat fish
Very cool! I’ll have to keep an eye out to see the changes in our blenny. Been thinking about an anemone in our tank, but I’m nervous it will move somewhere unfortunate haha

Ocypode sinensis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This one has gems every now and again. There are better ones around though.
Good news I found a chestnut in a LFS while searching for authentic live rock. Question is does your chestnut leave coral alone? Would very much like to see him in my main display but could also stay in the macroalgae tank if he picks on coral.

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good news I found a chestnut in a LFS while searching for authentic live rock. Question is does your chestnut leave coral alone? Would very much like to see him in my main display but could also stay in the macroalgae tank if he picks on coral.
So far he doesn't touch the coral. It's just the one leather in the tank though. I can't speak to his taste for anything else. I might have a better answer in a month when the new tank gets filled.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back