OP
OP
dtpollard

dtpollard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok. Time for an update. I took the removable cover off the overflow to clean and decided to add some shelves to it. I strapped some shelves to it with my electric cable ties. Then I covered it with aquarium silicone and spread it out w/ a matchbook cover then coated it with sand. The cover still slides in and out. So if I ever need to move the tank i can slide it out and put it in a bucket. :)
OF.jpg

OP
OP
dtpollard

dtpollard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went and blew all my $ on a PHAT light for this. I will post some pics. soon as it comes in. I told the vendor I was going to sleep with it the first night. I hope its pretty sturdy. :)
I have been clearing some room and getting ready to install a new frag system. Been working on it all week. I hope to get some water in there first. The plan is for this to be done within 2 weeks.
The system is starting w/ 2) 4X2 50 gal rubbermaid containers for growout and a sump/fuge. Pretty cool. Working on a surge type system for it.
I guess maybe I will start a new thread for that build. So we have some variety and all. Maybe you could post some tank pics. to help get the the Cville crew some representation.

J. Montgomery

Mouth Pipetting
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of lighting did you get?

Right now my tank is looking rather embarrassing :( I scraped all the hair algae off the back wall, but I still need to do something about the rock thats covered in it. I'm waiting for Atlantis to get some more sea hares in stock . . . I did a major cleaning and huge water change this weekend so maybe some of that will help.

OP
OP
dtpollard

dtpollard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw some pics. on that other site. Sorry. It looked a little outa control. I am sure you will have it looking sharp again soon.
But since I peaked your interest I got a:
48 inch Giesemann Moonlight Infiniti 2x250W HQI + 4x54W T5 Light Fixture - Black
http://www.saltysupply.com/product-p/gl1561.htm

This thing is looks awesome. Lets hope it does a good job.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back