Need help with lighting. Please.

Peepers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone and thank you for taking time to read this. So I have a red sea reefer 350. I'm looking to add to my lighting because I'm sure it's not sufficient for what I want to do. At the moment I have only two kessil a360 we's. ( I'm pretty sure that's right, lol) my fish all do great but my corals don't seem to be growing. Well, except for my gsp, lol. But I have a toadstool that seems to just be surviving. I'm always afraid to bleach everything out. But I've got two running for 12 hrs. 2 ramp up and 2 ramp down, peaking at 70%. I have them about 8 inches of surface. I'm sure this is not enough for the reefer 350. I am in a spot now to add lights. Should I get another 360we? I can't afford 2 more at the moment. Just wanting to get my corals to flourish instead of just keeping them alive. Any advice would be helpful.

OP
OP
Peepers

Peepers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok maybe I'm wrong, it's the wide angle ones. Sorry they were like 350$ a piece. They are not the refugium lights. I have one of those too. I must be mixing them up.

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 360we over a 90 gallon and they do just fine. If you want sps all over then more are needed. I run 12 hours with 5 hours peak at 85%. However I worked up to that point. I keep mine about 6 or 7" over the water. Sps would be fine if placed under the lights. Everything else won't have an issue either.

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are your parameters?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 58 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.4%
Back