Need Help Wrasse bloated

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the General cure just came in. They're in packets so not to sure how much to add to the food. Any idea? Each packet says it treats 10gallons of water.

2 scoops of GC + 2 scoops of Focus per 1 tablespoon of frozen or pellets

OP
OP
Blakelewis

Blakelewis

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Humblefish where did you find or come up with mixing the General cure straight into the food versus adding to water directly? I'm a little concerned if it will harm the fish by directly adding into the food. I don't won't to loose any of my fish. Thank you

OP
OP
Blakelewis

Blakelewis

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking about using prazi pro and dose the whole tank. What do you think about going that route?

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Humblefish where did you find or come up with mixing the General cure straight into the food versus adding to water directly? I'm a little concerned if it will harm the fish by directly adding into the food. I don't won't to loose any of my fish. Thank you

General Cure contains praziquantel & metronidazole, two dewormers commonly used in the trade. When you food soak them, the medications pass through the intestines eradicating any worms living there. If you're worried about the concentration, you can use 1 scoop of GC + 1 scoop of Focus per 1 tablespoon of frozen food or pellets instead. Might take longer to clear out all the worms though.

I was thinking about using prazi pro and dose the whole tank. What do you think about going that route?
Dosing the water will eradicate any external worms (e.g. flukes, turbellarians), but would be far less effective against any internal parasites or intestinal worms.

OP
OP
Blakelewis

Blakelewis

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long will it take to notice a change in the wrasse to know if it's working?

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 92 80.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back