Red bug question???

Reef UP

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys I don't have red bugs never have thank the coral gods above and knock on wood to keep it that way LOL!!
So my question is do red bugs only go for sps such as acros or will they go for anything? Such as zoas and palys, and lps just curious cause I know someone who is getting ris of a ton of z&ps and lps and I wanted them but didn't know if they'd be affected by the bugs or not and if so I was already planing a precautionary dip, but what kind of dip other than interceptor would be a good dip to take care of the pesky critters for sure thanks guys!!

MadReefer1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
red bugs only eat acro but can hitch on other corals i would suppose. as for a dip only thing i know that works on them is interceptor and its more of a treatment then dip.

OP
OP
Reef UP

Reef UP

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've heard of people using it for a dip though wonder how that works thanks for the reply anything else guys it's some really great stuff but I only want the coral If I know for sure I won't be getting bugs with them!!

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dips and quarantine... Only sure fire way around it.. Iirc mark poletti almost lost his tank from aefw that caught a ride on a zoa frag.. No matter the coral always dip, dip, dip, and quarantine...;) red bugs are the least of your worries fwiw..

OP
OP
Reef UP

Reef UP

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dips and quarantine... Only sure fire way around it.. Iirc mark poletti almost lost his tank from aefw that caught a ride on a zoa frag.. No matter the coral always dip, dip, dip, and quarantine...;) red bugs are the least of your worries fwiw..

Well 9 years now and no real pest problems to speak of haha hopefully it stays that way what do you dip with Troy? I have revive and coral rx will that work? Maybe a peroxide dip on the z&p's? What's best for lps? I'd like my bug free run to stay that way!!

MadReefer1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coral rx and revive are both good dips they dont kill red bugs but will help remove flatties and what not.

OP
OP
Reef UP

Reef UP

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok guys back to subject at hand please read first post then let me know what dips or whatever I can do to be sure none of these pesky little bugs get into my system thanks

PR_Reefers

Reefer 4 Life!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For zoa's I like to use FW dips, the hydrogen peroxide works also but I've noticed some bubble build up under the tissue when I use it sometimes maybe it's bc solution was too strong idk... for the lps i'd use a strong revive solution and blast them with the turkey baster.

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use revive and a turkey baster follow the directions on the bottle... People do dips in interceptor I myself don't and have never had red bugs that I know of.... I nuke my tank once every 6 months just cause so at one point and time I very well might have had them who knows...:tongue:

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.1%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.9%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 164 66.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back