RedSea Roller Mat 1200 Install Question

Hair Algae Wizard

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 26, 2012
Messages
610
Reaction score
1,030
Location
Southern, NJ
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Folks,

I've plumbed in my RedSea 1200 but have not actually started using it yet. (It's not even plugged in) Should it be overflowing like the video below shows?

Oh, and apologies for the poor quality! Thanks in advance!

 
Is it in freshwater? The sensor wont trigger in freshwater at all
 
Is it in freshwater? The sensor wont trigger in freshwater at all
At the moment, it is just fresh water. I don't have the unit plugged in. I'm leak-testing the system. I'll be adding salt shortly.
 
Re-watching the video, the water shouldn't be overflowing like that considering how low the water is in relation to the feed pipe (not an issue) unless the fleece is clogged (doesn't look like it to me?) Or the media basket (if installed) is causing significant back flow.
 
Re-watching the video, the water shouldn't be overflowing like that considering how low the water is in relation to the feed pipe (not an issue) unless the fleece is clogged (doesn't look like it to me?) Or the media basket (if installed) is causing significant back flow.
Thanks, I'll take another look at it tomorrow.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 19 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 26 29.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new