ReefLED 50

Mark Bradley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can I ask if you are running at 20,000 Kelvin - if you reduce the blue down from 100% does it reduce the kelvin? Apologies if this is a stupid question.

Cwentz758

Do you even Reef bro?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m sure it drops the K. 12k is all white on the RedSea and 23k is all blue. I’m sure it’ll be somewhere in between. If you turn them down you’re just reducing intensity not spectrum. I run mine at 55% blue 5% white. Just because I don’t need them burning the corals close to the surface.

Cwentz758

Do you even Reef bro?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
here is a member who tested with a par meter @ 75%
0F348F19-B46A-43DE-8935-D4B22D3D1243.png

Mark Bradley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Redsea say that reducing the blue does reduce the kelvin fyi. Equally so does increasing the white I.e. if you start at 20000 and increase the white to, say, 35% (from 25%) you will be circa 17000/18000 kelvin.

Tlow1017

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
An Aquaone Nano 80 circa 130L.
Hey can someone help me? I just got the 50 for my 32.5 gallon flex. I'm new to saltwater water and don't know much about settings on lights. Can anyone give me a idea on what settings would be good for me please. Thanks

Cwentz758

Do you even Reef bro?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What size tanl u have? And do.i set it at 18k 23k. I just don't understand all.this yet. Thanks
Those are pre sets. When you custom make yours you will be somewhere less than 23 or 18 depending on your intensity. I have a 65g and I have two of the Led 50s. I run mine at 55% blue 5% white with my hammers and zoas about half way up in the tank. I had some SPS more towards the top doing well until something else I had going on killed them.

next question is what lights did you have on the tank before, you don’t want to throw this light on and just go super bright day 1 you’ll burn your corals or they’ll give you the middle finger and die.

Tlow1017

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those are pre sets. When you custom make yours you will be somewhere less than 23 or 18 depending on your intensity. I have a 65g and I have two of the Led 50s. I run mine at 55% blue 5% white with my hammers and zoas about half way up in the tank. I had some SPS more towards the top doing well until something else I had going on killed them.

next question is what lights did you have on the tank before, you don’t want to throw this light on and just go super bright day 1 you’ll burn your corals or they’ll give you the middle finger and die.
My light was the fluval saltwater flex 42 watt 25000k

Cwentz758

Do you even Reef bro?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My light was the fluval saltwater flex 42 watt 25000k
I think your best bet is. Clicking on your light in the app going to manual mode. Adjust the intensity to where you like it with your eyes. Then set your schedule with that as your peak. I’d suggest running the acclimation mode for 14days this will slowly ramp up your lights to your desired intensity over that time.

I run mine peaked for about 7 hours and the ramp up and down on each end are two hours. Thenthe moon cycle doesn’t do much of anything that’s just purely something for you to enjoy.

FB66904A-AB47-471F-A4FC-EF4F3B85821E.png

Tlow1017

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK I'm new to salt water so not understanding the light. Since I only need one light would 100 blue and 40 white be ok? I like more blue but I would Acclimate at 50% for those 14 days

Cwentz758

Do you even Reef bro?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK I'm new to salt water so not understanding the light. Since I only need one light would 100 blue and 40 white be ok? I like more blue but I would Acclimate at 50% for those 14 days
I have two lights because my tank is a little bigger and needed better coverage with the light.

You still should be fine with running your light around 50%. Most people don’t run their fixtures at 100% as there’s really no need unless you’re growing a lot of SPS

you can do 100% I can’t say it’ll have a lot of bad effects on corals but I’d say it’s not necessary for your tank.

Another suggestion I guess is pick whatever pre set you like that came with the fixture and run that. Then put it in acclimation mode, for a few weeks.

Tlow1017

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two lights because my tank is a little bigger and needed better coverage with the light.

You still should be fine with running your light around 50%. Most people don’t run their fixtures at 100% as there’s really no need unless you’re growing a lot of SPS

you can do 100% I can’t say it’ll have a lot of bad effects on corals but I’d say it’s not necessary for your tank.

Another suggestion I guess is pick whatever pre set you like that came with the fixture and run that. Then put it in acclimation mode, for a few weeks.
Ok ill do that. What all the pre sets have their blue set at 100% Only thing different on each pre setting is the white

Cwentz758

Do you even Reef bro?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok ill do that. What all the pre sets have their blue set at 100% Only thing different on each pre setting is the white
Yup white isn’t really needed in a tank it’s more of visual appeal for our eyes.
Once you set this I’d research some more about lighting, maybe a few BulkReefSupply YouTube videos just to learn some more.

Also I know it’s tempting since you can control the lights super easy DONT go and make changes all the time once it’s been running a certain way as corals adapt towhat you have and changing that throws things off and may kill/stress things. Best is set and forget.

Tlow1017

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup white isn’t really needed in a tank it’s more of visual appeal for our eyes.
Once you set this I’d research some more about lighting, maybe a few BulkReefSupply YouTube videos just to learn some more.

Also I know it’s tempting since you can control the lights super easy DONT go and make changes all the time once it’s been running a certain way as corals adapt towhat you have and changing that throws things off and may kill/stress things. Best is set and forget.
All right thanks. Il send updates

adsf430

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey all,

Would Really appreciate some help. I have the redsea max nano tank and the 50W light that comes with it. Tank is an 18" cube. I currently have it set to 70% blue 0% white. It's a very mixed tank w/o acros but has digitatas, stylos, birdnest, montis, etc. on top and zoas, torch/hammers, scolys towards the bottom of the tank. Everytime I get chalices or gonis even putting them low in the tank they seem to bleach but everything else is okay and the SPS is thriving. Should I lower the intensity of the blues and does it matter I have no whites on? Should mention another issue is my nitrates are always super low but just added more fish

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 101 86.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back