Suggestions for lighting 90gal

Shaz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, what would you recommend for a new lighting system. We have a 90 gallon 48" x 17"x 24" deep. We had 2 AI - hydras (pre HD)
One failed, second time - total power failure. And the other one is not working well.. The controller fails intermittently. So...We want to replace it with something new.

What would you recommend in a reasonably priced system? We want to keep LPS and softies. $500ish

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your in the black box range there , unless you go used. But that’s a stretch.

A. grandis

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, what would you recommend for a new lighting system. We have a 90 gallon 48" x 17"x 24" deep. We had 2 AI - hydras (pre HD)
One failed, second time - total power failure. And the other one is not working well.. The controller fails intermittently. So...We want to replace it with something new.

What would you recommend in a reasonably priced system? We want to keep LPS and softies. $500ish
I recommend a Sunpower ATI T5 6 bulb fixture.
You will never have problems with lights again and your corals will thank you forever!
Here:
https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/48-ati-sunpower-high-output-t5-light-fixture.html
~$600.00. You will invest in a light fixture that will last a life time. Mine is already 10+ years old.

KJa

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the shimmer of LED but if you want something effective and doesn't have a big learning curve T5 maybe the way to go. You can always use a hybrid/retro fit kit if you want the benefits of LED and T5.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 42.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 24.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 31.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back