The Garden -- Rakies shallow SPS cube

WallyB

REEF Techno-Geek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rakie,

Very sorry to hear about your situation.

I kind of thought you went quiet since you were busy growing gardens of bounce mushrooms.

Try to stay strong. You have always been a hard worker and I'm hoping you work your way thought this to a better future....Health First, then maybe tanks and stuff.

If you need help fixing the (Pump) frayed cords PM me. I had a similar situation. Possible to fix if DC wires, ( IF High Voltage AC then they are garbage if frayed on the wet side)

Hope we hear from you again when things get better for you.

I respect that you don't want to be bothered by us.
We'll be here on this Forum...if you ever do pop in again.

Folks like me, who can't beat a horrific "All Rocks covered in CARPET Cyano" Outbreak, in 9 months. (Tried everything)

I also just got Terminated from my Job couple months ago. To make it worse, I got let-go just after coming back from a short sick leave to get better to work harder. I'm still stunned.

Life is getter tougher for many of us in the current world.

Hope things get better in many ways.

All the best to your future....

Have hope...

Wally B

OP
OP
Rakie

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear about your health and other problems. Take care of you, the corals don't matter right now. If and when you get back to keeping corals message me, I'll send you some.

I hate to say, corals were helping me pay for college and bills while I was in class full time. Can't finish school now, I can't sit for more than a few hours without being exhausted and my feet swelling. Most of my courses are 2 hour lecture followed by a 3-4 hour lab with no break. I can't handle that anymore.

So without corals I have literally nothing.

My doctors have told me to look into disability, unfortunately that's where I'm at. I tried to work through the injury but it's only gotten worse.

tripdad

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hate to say, corals were helping me pay for college and bills while I was in class full time. Can't finish school now, I can't sit for more than a few hours without being exhausted and my feet swelling. Most of my courses are 2 hour lecture followed by a 3-4 hour lab with no break. I can't handle that anymore.

So without corals I have literally nothing.

My doctors have told me to look into disability, unfortunately that's where I'm at. I tried to work through the injury but it's only gotten worse.
I'm not sure what to say as it sounds as if you are really hurting and I don't want to add to it. I will ask, with respect, if you have gotten a second opinion? Reason I ask is a friend was told to get her affairs in order and buy a wheelchair. She finally found a Doctor who fixed her spinal problem and she is in good health today. Not knowing your exact injury, please forgive me if I'm off base. I wish you the very best going forward. My offer stands, message me if interested.

OP
OP
Rakie

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure what to say as it sounds as if you are really hurting and I don't want to add to it. I will ask, with respect, if you have gotten a second opinion? Reason I ask is a friend was told to get her affairs in order and buy a wheelchair. She finally found a Doctor who fixed her spinal problem and she is in good health today. Not knowing your exact injury, please forgive me if I'm off base. I wish you the very best going forward. My offer stands, message me if interested.
You're fine, and i've gotten a few opinions, MRI's, etc etc. Sometimes I fall and stumble just turning around, and I can't tell you how many times I've face planted bending over to pick something up. I fell between my desk and closet and was stuck for about a minute trying to get out.

OP
OP
Rakie

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@revhtree would you please lock this build thread? if my tank ever gets back up and running properly I'll open it back up. @MDBannister must have changed his name or something, sorry to pull you in Rev you're the only other moderator I knew even a little.

if you cannot re-open locked threads, I guess just leave it for now.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rakie

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking forward to it.

Oh i'm gonna show the ugly side of it pre-move too. The side glass hasn't been scraped in over a year, it's its own ecosystem of pods, algaes and aiptasia right now. It's looks like a kid ate crayons and barfed everywhere from the outside.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rakie

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome! Nice to have you back!

Thanks, it'll be nice to have a tank up again.

Glad to hear you are back Rakie.
We really missed you and hope to hear from you soon again... talking about crayons and lighting upgrades

Well i'll be able to set the tank up in a less cramped area so it may be easier to keep clean for me, which was the problem to begin with.

I'm not sure all the mods are happy to see me back. I have mixed reviews from the moderation team.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh i'm gonna show the ugly side of it pre-move too. The side glass hasn't been scraped in over a year, it's its own ecosystem of pods, algaes and aiptasia right now. It's looks like a kid ate crayons and barfed everywhere from the outside.
Ya but it has life and aiptasia lives matter.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya but it has life and aiptasia lives matter.
@sfin52 You just had to go there lol.

But glad to see ya back @Rakie. You could always do a small desk pico with Aiptasia or a mason jar for the Aips lol. Easy to care for and oddly, not bad to look at lol.

IMG_2408.jpg

tempImagey6N8Bo.png

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

But glad to see ya back @Rakie. You could always do a small desk pico with Aiptasia or a mason jar for the Aips lol. Easy to care for and oddly, not bad to look at lol.

IMG_2408.jpg

tempImagey6N8Bo.png
joey-yeah-i-did.gif

OP
OP
Rakie

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

IMG_2408.jpg

tempImagey6N8Bo.png

Well I was planning to buy some berghia but if I'm cleaning and moving the whole system.. probably most will be removed

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I was planning to buy some berghia but if I'm cleaning and moving the whole system.. probably most will be removed
Just a thought for ya. If you have a tub and can do a week or 2 of rock soaking, 500 or so ppm of nitrate melts aiptaisa. It does damage the bio filter, but doesn’t kill it all.

I have been buying out tear downs and doing that to kill aip for years now lol.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 36 54.5%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 37 56.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • None.

Votes: 14 21.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 9.1%
Back