OP
C

Cbones1979

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for the delay, I just got home from work. The best course of action would be full copper (Copper Power or Cupramine) measured with a good test kit, ASAP.

Jay
He’s in QT waiting for copper from Amazon

image.jpg

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What can you do to manage ammonia? Do you have any bacteria in a bottle? Can you move any bio media or rock from your DT?
Jay

OP
OP
C

Cbones1979

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What can you do to manage ammonia? Do you have any bacteria in a bottle? Can you move any bio media or rock from your DT?
Jay
I have a filter I can run

out of bacteria in a bottle but some on the way

I can move rock or bio in from DT sump from the scape I broke

do I need a light if my qt is for fish?

Last edited:

leighla wolf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a filter I can run

out of bacteria in a bottle but some on the way

I can move rock or bio in from DT sump from the scape I broke

do I need a light if my qt is for fish?
Definitely should run a filter, just don’t use carbon. No need for light on tank. However you may want to throw a piece of rock in the tank since you have no bacteria to add.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just need enough light for the fish to navigate and see food. Rock from your DT should work.
Jay

OP
OP
C

Cbones1979

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely should run a filter, just don’t use carbon. No need for light on tank. However you may want to throw a piece of rock in the tank since you have no bacteria to add.
Yes. Filter just has sponge for mechanical

I put some pieces of live in there Until I get bacteria

OP
OP
C

Cbones1979

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just need enough light for the fish to navigate and see food. Rock from your DT should work.
Jay
I'll treat just to be safe but looking at her in QT, she looks better. i see no marks/fuzz/anything. Maybe breathing..i don't know how to count it like you did. I'm guessing just mouth open closed per second...?

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes - open and closed is one breath. Count for 15 seconds (30 ifg you can) and multiply out to get a 1 minute rate. I'd like to see less than 80 bpm for a clown like that. Anything over 100 is suspect and over 120 is serious.

Jay

OP
OP
C

Cbones1979

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes - open and closed is one breath. Count for 15 seconds (30 ifg you can) and multiply out to get a 1 minute rate. I'd like to see less than 80 bpm for a clown like that. Anything over 100 is suspect and over 120 is serious.

Jay
couldn't get exact counts as he was swimming around...but i think it was 2 per second.

I have seachum copper coming so i believe from my reading i slowly ramp up to medicated level over 2 days then leave fish in QT for 30 days? Test frequently to assure copper level stays at 1.5 ppm?

OP
OP
C

Cbones1979

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Jay

doesn’t seem to have symptoms. If it was velvet or ich wouldn’t it have gotten worse by now?

OP
OP
C

Cbones1979

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have a chance can you check my last question and video?

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
doesn’t seem to have symptoms. If it was velvet or ich wouldn’t it have gotten worse by now?
Not necessarily, it can look like it’s better then get a lot worse. That’s how all my fish went. Also, looking at the video, it’s still swimming very sparatically. I would keep it isolated and keep checking. Have you noticed any strange behavior prior to all this (I.e. swimming parallel to walls, swimming against waterflow often, etc.).

Also, how long has it been since your last addition. Based on when that was and the patterns of ich/velvet life cycle, we can likely determine if it introduced a parasite.

leighla wolf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

If you have a chance can you check my last question and video?
The video, he is in a quarantine tank which has no pvc pipe so no place to hide. When clownfish get nervous they try and pair/school up with a fish closest to them (thus they’ll move with their image that is mirroring them because it looks like another fish).

OP
OP
C

Cbones1979

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not necessarily, it can look like it’s better then get a lot worse. That’s how all my fish went. Also, looking at the video, it’s still swimming very sparatically. I would keep it isolated and keep checking. Have you noticed any strange behavior prior to all this (I.e. swimming parallel to walls, swimming against waterflow often, etc.).

Also, how long has it been since your last addition. Based on when that was and the patterns of ich/velvet life cycle, we can likely determine if it introduced a parasite.
Other than the marks and swimming into powerheads nothing else was out of place.

added a wrasse 2 weeks ago but diduse safety stop for that. I realize it isn’t full proof but better than nothing

OP
OP
C

Cbones1979

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The video, he is in a quarantine tank which has no pvc pipe so no place to hide. When clownfish get nervous they try and pair/school up with a fish closest to them (thus they’ll move with their image that is mirroring them because it looks like another fish).
I’m going to add pipe today. Just didn’t have any.
Do you think it looks sick still?

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good. Just remember that Cupramine can give false positive readings on some ammonia tests (not the Ammonia alert badge) and NEVER use liquid ammonia removers or dechlors with Cupramine in the water - that will release free copper.

jay

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 44 40.4%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 12 11.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 32 29.4%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 19 17.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.8%
Back