Clown Tangs

Blue face angel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have tried a few but they do need a large tank. Got a small one,less then 2 inches and was stressed out in my 90 reef . Placed it in my 125 but got bullied by my powder blue and didn't make it. People say they are hard to keep even though they eat good. Believe a large reef is best bet for keeping these fish.

Ike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was one of my favorite fish when I got into the hobby and I bought one to try one a few years later. I quarantined and it ate like a big, put it in my display, got ich and had to be removed. Got ich again after being added to a different stsyem. Back to QT... The fish lived in my 20l QT tank for a while until I found someone that wanted to buy him for their more recently set-up reef. The fish did well and after a few months proceeded to harass all of the other fish in the tank.

In short, they're very tricky to keep, very ich prone, finicky eaters, and when you do have some success, they turn into *****s that will harass all of the other fish in your tank.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back