Melanarus wrasse question

CindyKz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a new melanarus wrasse, still in QT (cycled tank with LR and sand for sleeping). This guy sacks out at 3 in the afternoon, and comes out sometime in the early morning ( he is usually out swimming when I check on him at 5:30 am). The tank doesn't have lights but I keep the room lights on all day. What are the chances his schedule will change when he gets to the display tank with lights and other fish? I'm not worried, he is eating well, etc. I would like to see more of him though.

a07f8f1ab6873350d1cdacd907c02b4a.jpg

Velcro

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had to move mine in and out of a few tanks over the past 1.5 years and he always seems to straighten himself out if he gets off course.

jd371

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In a short time he'll adjust. Mine shoots into the sand at about a half hour before lights out, and comes out again an hour before the lights come on in the morning. First to sleep and last to wake up.

Karie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My melanarus is only out in morning. I don't know when he wakes up but he is out of sight by noon or 1pm everyday. He has been in the same tank for 3 years and has always had this time schedule. My lights don't come on until 11 or 12 noon because that room has lots of sunlight. Maybe its a personality thing per fish.

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My melanarus is only out in morning. I don't know when he wakes up but he is out of sight by noon or 1pm everyday. He has been in the same tank for 3 years and has always had this time schedule. My lights don't come on until 11 or 12 noon because that room has lots of sunlight. Maybe its a personality thing per fish.
If you know when they go into the sand, you can feed a few minutes before then and this gradually extends their time up.

The exception to this is if they are the victim of aggression.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 50 40.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 12.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 33 26.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 23 18.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%

Back