Ordering direct from Giesemann

KJAhp098

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks like the Giesemann Spectra units are discontinued, so I'm looking to buy a unit directly from company. I've been emailing one of their reps and have received a quote along with their bank info to do what looks like a wire transfer in Euros.
Has anyone done this before with a foreign company? Is it as simple as me going to the bank and figuring out the conversion rate and sending the funds?

Tumey

Reefer With A Broken Brain ( TBI Survivor )
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was able to order replacement parts for my Aurora directly from their website. The transaction processed normally and surprisingly my order arrived from Germany in just 4 days.

Midrats

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish someone would manufacture some non-ugly halide fixtures in the U.S. My Giesemann stuff looked and worked like new after 15 years of continuous service. I regret selling it.

OP
OP
K

KJAhp098

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, all. I've had a 250w Spectra in the past instead of the 400w. By far my favorite fixture since I've been in the hobby from 2004.

MartinM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve ordered from them three times. You’ll wait about two months for Spectra’s (they’re made to order) but you’ll get them. They’re definitely worth it If you want halides (there aren’t many halide options anymore, especially ones that look good)

A. grandis

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are still fortunate to be able to order directly from Giesemann. It is a shame to have to do that though! I wish Giesemann would have representatives in US with their products and parts with a great customer service. I guess we'll need enough orders til they can do something about it.
I've got one of the last 48" Spectras fom BRS before they discontinue. It has been a great experience with the Spectra. One of the best halide/T5 fixtures with great distribution, passive cooling and with it's luxurious look for the right price IMO. Great choice!!

MartinM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well not everyone lives in the USA. I don’t ;)

Guttersnipe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks like the Giesemann Spectra units are discontinued, so I'm looking to buy a unit directly from company. I've been emailing one of their reps and have received a quote along with their bank info to do what looks like a wire transfer in Euros.
Has anyone done this before with a foreign company? Is it as simple as me going to the bank and figuring out the conversion rate and sending the funds?
I bought a spectra from them last October. I’m in Los Angeles. You pay through PayPal. It was easy.
F0D805B9-2DDD-4AF3-BC26-9233D196AFDA.jpeg

Last edited:

Dakota_reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was super happy to see this thread. I want one of their 60" Infinity fixtures, but I don't even see that available on their site. Does anyone know why?

Guttersnipe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was super happy to see this thread. I want one of their 60" Infinity fixtures, but I don't even see that available on their site. Does anyone know why?
They don’t make them anymore. I asked about it too before ordering the spectra.

Dakota_reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They don’t make them anymore. I asked about it too before ordering the spectra.
crap, so no more MH fixtures these days? This is an atrocity! So Spectra AND Infinity are gone?

No other pendant comes close to how the Giesemann's look, and the combo of T5/MH is still such an incredible spectrum. I'm super sad now.

I've been in contact with an LFS in Germany that said they can get it for me, but they will charge over 300 Euros to convert it to 110.

Guttersnipe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
crap, so no more MH fixtures these days? This is an atrocity! So Spectra AND Infinity are gone?

No other pendant comes close to how the Giesemann's look, and the combo of T5/MH is still such an incredible spectrum. I'm super sad now.

I've been in contact with an LFS in Germany that said they can get it for me, but they will charge over 300 Euros to convert it to 110.
They still make the spectra. I just got one made and sent to me last October.
they don’t just have them already laying around. They will make you one once you place your order.

Guttersnipe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Email geisemann direct to get your light. They don’t charge extra for any conversions.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 23.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back