Swimming white worm

Retro Reefer

Slow and steady wins the race!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have seen a lot of critters in my day but this is a new one.. I have a couple of these small spaghetti size worms about a half inch long swimming wildly in a corkscrew like manner through the tank, they seem to be tough little critters as I watched one get sucked into my circulation pump and after being spit out the nozzle it floated limp through the water for a while before springing back into its spiral swimming pattern only to be grabbed by a fish which chewed on it for a bit then spit it out, again after floating limp through the water it revived and swam into a hole in a rock.. I’m seeing them first thing in the mornings and because of lighting and the speed at which they move it’s hard to get a good picture of them

006626A9-15DB-40B9-B256-C64A0D3E737B.png

8C378742-9D21-4554-9FB2-94C91F433B75.png

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The picture is terrible, but I'm stilling going to guess a baby peanut worm. What do you think @KJ , #reefsquad .

OP
OP
Retro Reefer

Retro Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The picture is terrible, but I'm stilling going to guess a baby peanut worm. What do you think @KJ , #reefsquad .

Yeah sorry for the bad picture but thought it would at least give a little insight.. couldn’t actually get a pic but managed to film it using a flashlight then just did a couple screen grabs of the clearest segments, not seeing mouth parts typically present on peanut worms but maybe they haven’t formed yet.

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

This. Larval form of polychaete worms. You will see these pretty often if you look at night with a flash light. They are attracted to light. I'll post some pictures of a night dive later where you can see literally thousands of these type larval forms.

OP
OP
Retro Reefer

Retro Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys.. I thought it may be in larval stage whatever it was, nice to know it’s not a pest.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.2%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 43 17.7%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 162 66.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back