Colenew1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all!

I am fairly new to reefing and have a 12.5 gallon Fluval Evo Tank stocked with mostly softies and LPS plus 2 Montis and a BTA! I just upgraded from the stock light to an AI prime and am very curious as to how I should set up my light settings! I was advised to run 35% for blues and everything else under 10% for 6 hrs plus a 1hr sunrise and sunset period, Is this ok?

Most of the forums I've read use much higher settings and I really would love to maximize coral growth without hurting them. If I do need to go higher how long should I turn on acclimation mode to make sure I don't burn anything?

Also I've seen some people use a nonlinear photoperiod where it consistently alternates from more to less intense within a certain percentage, is there a benefit to this vs constant light?

If you could link the light settings below that would be ideal!

Also I have my light around 8-10 inches from the surface of the water is that sufficient?
Another question is when I add more corals should I put it back in acclimation mode? I typically just leave them in the sand for a few weeks and then move them up accordingly, is that sufficient?

Thanks so much in advance :)

D24309F8-B9C5-473A-819B-17EC4EF1A9FA.jpeg 321B2D89-F747-4C71-A6C3-48D2D9B9DD77.jpeg

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where you were suggested to run it is a good starting point and over a couple of months you can slowly ramp it up to higher percentages. Say 5% every week orso....

dank reefer

IG: dankreefer_IG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With the AI Lights you can set the acclimation mode on and set it at 40-50 percent intensity for about 6-7 weeks. Then set you light up to the highest intensity you would like to achieve, and withing the acclimation period your light will increase its intensity until the acclimation period is over.

I would recommend the AB+ Schedule, and set acclimation mode on.

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello and we should officially say #WelcometoR2R

Everyone has already mentioned good settings. There is millions of them. You can also go direct to AI website signature series and download their schedules. I attached Karen’s who runs a prime on her tank.

And stop by and say hi in meet and greet if you like so we can all say hello, and clown fish ok I hope?

OP
OP
Colenew1

Colenew1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With the AI Lights you can set the acclimation mode on and set it at 40-50 percent intensity for about 6-7 weeks. Then set you light up to the highest intensity you would like to achieve, and withing the acclimation period your light will increase its intensity until the acclimation period is over.

I would recommend the AB+ Schedule, and set acclimation mode on.

Thanks so much! I'll check out AB+!

OP
OP
Colenew1

Colenew1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello and we should officially say #WelcometoR2R

Everyone has already mentioned good settings. There is millions of them. You can also go direct to AI website signature series and download their schedules. I attached Karen’s who runs a prime on her tank.

And stop by and say hi in meet and greet if you like so we can all say hello, and clown fish ok I hope?

Yep clownfish are great! I have 2 now! Thanks for the link and I’ll drop into the meet and greet soon!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 121 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.2%
Back